BBT and Preseed

monroea

Mommy to Riley
Reaction score
I posted this in "Trying to Conceive" also but it may be more appropriate for my fellow 35+ ladies. I'm currently on 13 dpo and getting negative tests. I was feeling pretty down and like a failure so I went out and bought a basal body thermometer and Preseed.

A little bit of my back story... I'm 35 (almost 36), remarried a year ago, I have a 9 year old daughter and my heart can't let go of the idea of having another child. I had a chemical pregnancy 2ish years ago and a miscarriage at 8 weeks in October. I haven't been on birth control for over a year so I can't help but feel like I'm a failure because I haven't gotten pregnant since my miscarriage. My husband wouldn't mind having another child... he's joked about strollers and needing a bigger car, etc. My struggle is, I don't want to appear too eager or to overwhelm him with ttc. I think if he woke up to me taking my temperature every morning or if he knew I was using fertility lubricant, I'm afraid he'd be weirded out.

So I guess my question is, do you really have to take your temperature before getting out of bed? And (tmi) can you use Preseed and still have all of the fun of bd'ing (oral and whatnot)?

Hiya

ideally with BBT it should be done as soon as you wake up before you get out of bed and around the same time each morning. This is coz you need to be in a resting state for it to be accurate.

in regards to the pre seed, I use it quite a bit… nip to the loo just before getting down to the business you have a syringe so put as little or as much in as you want… I’m sure it’s fine for oral etc, they just say not to use other lubes that may be too acidic for carrying the sperm.

hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->