BBT Chart confusing!

chamomiletea

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm posting here because I am so utterly confused.....

My chart is in my signature there below :blush:

It seems to be triphasic, which is unusual for me. Usually I have a higher temp for 1-2 days before AF but never more.

We weren't TTC, more like NTNP. A coverline of 97.5 is normal for me - which would be CD14 or 15 and thus putting me at DPO18 today. FF had my Ovulation date at CD 14/15 until today, when my high temp. persisted. So, my temps have been above coverline for 18 days. We had unprotected sex well after CD 14, so that doesn't line up. Nevertheless, I took a pregnancy test yesterday, BFN.

Another thing is....I always have delayed ovulation. My usual cycle is around 50 days. Ovulation at CD 14 is unheard of for me. But that spike definitely looks like it?

Anyone seen this pattern before? What could it be?

Looking forward to your responses :)

Sorry, but that link just goes to FF, not your specific chart. You can post a pic by first posting it on a site like photobucket or you can put it in your signature by going to the options below your chart, clicking share, finding the link below where it says message boards and posting it in your signature under edit profile.

Sorry, but that link just goes to FF, not your specific chart. You can post a pic by first posting it on a site like photobucket or you can put it in your signature by going to the options below your chart, clicking share, finding the link below where it says message boards and posting it in your signature under edit profile.

:dohh: Ah okay, got it, thanks!!! Click the link in my signature ->>

Hmm that is a bit odd of chart but not terrible. Are you generally taking your temp just after waking and around the same time? Different things can effect your temp. FF gave you cross hairs though. Did you have fertile cm or positive opks around then?

Hmm that is a bit odd of chart but not terrible. Are you generally taking your temp just after waking and around the same time? Different things can effect your temp. FF gave you cross hairs though. Did you have fertile cm or positive opks around then?

Yeah, I take my temp upon waking - weekends I wake a little later, maybe that's an issue? I haven't changed anything in that regards for this cycle

FF gave crosshairs at CD 14 until this morning when I entered in todays temp. Then it changed to what you see below. I find it hard to believe this new Ovulation prediction because I have had typical (more less) PMS symptoms since 7-10 days ago (I don't have a history of having these symptoms before ovulation). But CD 14 seemed really soon too - I didn't really believe that one either.

I don't use OPKS, sadly. Judging only by temp and feelings, FF seemed to be correct with crosshairs before this cycle.

I don't check CM either...blah i'm failing at this! lol I did notice an increase in CM, however, over the last more-less two weeks. I think it was fertile CM when we BD'd on CD22 :shrug:

Ahhh I need to track more things, don't I? lol

Well, you could have ovulated on the earlier rise for sure but there is several missing temps in there, but you did have a nice drop before the first rise- which you didn't have with the second. I would more say your ovulation happened cd 14 andnow you are triphasic. Have you tested recently?

Well, you could have ovulated on the earlier rise for sure but there is several missing temps in there, but you did have a nice drop before the first rise- which you didn't have with the second. I would more say your ovulation happened cd 14 andnow you are triphasic. Have you tested recently?

Yeah I think so too. The pattern around CD 14 is similar to my past charts too, just not so early! lol

Those days in the follicular phase I didn't record temperatures b/c I had a fever - caught the flu. :(

I tested yesterday morning with EPT digital, BFN. It's hard to believe I'd be pregnant anyways, since we didn't BD (with no protection) in the window of ovulation. :shrug:

Thanks so much for helping me with this, means a lot! :flower:

True on the BD in that time- sorry about that. Triphasic bbt does sometimes just happen without pregnancy- happened to me once. It's no problem.

True on the BD in that time- sorry about that. Triphasic bbt does sometimes just happen without pregnancy- happened to me once. It's no problem.

Hmm...okay. So what that means is I am having a long luteal phase, 18 days and counting. lol

Was that the case when you had a triphasic pattern, or did it stay within your normal length?

No, mine stayed at my normal length at that point. How long is your normal LP?

I seriously bow down to you ladies who chart your BBT. It would seriously stress me out :(

No, mine stayed at my normal length at that point. How long is your normal LP?

Hey! I discarded that one high temp from CD 15 and my crosshairs changed - somewhere between CD 15 and CD 27 - which makes more sense to me, symptom wise. Do you think that's possible? Maybe I just had a weird reading that day?

Bbt charting shouldn't stress you. It's just a tool to confirm ovulation. Like any tool it can go askew on occasion but generally works for it's needed use.

Bbt charting shouldn't stress you. It's just a tool to confirm ovulation. Like any tool it can go askew on occasion but generally works for it's needed use.

Cppeace, you were so helpful before so maybe you wouldn't mind helping again. :flower: Can you look at my chart now and tell me what you think? I don't know if i'm crazy or not but I think maybe I had a implantation dip. I had spotting (brownish) yesterday and continuing today. It's really light, only see it when I use the bathroom - consistently a light brown color. I never spot mid phase, only like two days before/after AF so this is very curious. I also have mild cramps and backache, which I've had for quite a few days now. I had really sore, full BBs - but symptoms have lessened over the last three days.

I don't want to symptom spot and get my hopes up, so I'm asking for a second opinion. :thumbup:

Thanks! :)

Hi, you have a lot of open circles, are you taking your temp at the same time everyday?

Hi ladies, I been doing BBY for 7 months and it don't stress me out, I would be stressed out wondering what day I ovulated.... I can predict AF as long as I know exactly what day I ovulated.... Here is my chart so far, this is my second round of unmonitored clomid 50mg CD 3-7

16106428_10203220014818481_72294417_o.jpg

Well, with teh chart now, the cross hairs make sense where they are. And you did BD a few days before that temp rise so yeah it could be IB. You should know soon. Yeah sometimes temps just go nuts lol look at mine :p

Hey Amy by temps your cross hairs are prolly a day or two off. I'd say you more ovulated on cd 14, but some women just have a way slower rise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"