BBT Confusion

CheshireDucky

Reaction score
Hello all,
Quick background: I was on birth control for many years and came off of it in February 2017. Knew the basics of TTC but since I didn't know my cycles anymore I picked up a BBT thermometer to start charting my temps with Fertility Friend. I did a lot of reading how it works and I do my best to follow the instructions.

My partner's alarm goes off at 6:30 am every morning so at that time I turn over, take my temp, and record it. I started doing this the end of Feb when I came off my BC and it seemed fine. My temps were fluctuating, they seemed low (but from what I read this was okay), and it went up bout the same time I had ovulation pains.

The last few weeks my BBT seems high yet I haven't changed my routine. Before it was in the 97.50ish range (going up to 98 when I had ovulation pain) and now it's in the 98.40ish range every day. It still fluctuates but it just seems high for my BBT.

Is this a normal thing to happen? I tested my BBT thermometer against my normal thermometer and the BBT read 98.43 and the normal one read 98.5 so I think the BBT one is working fine.

At this point can I trust my BBT? Is it time to pair it with OPK?

Any help greatly appreciated. I do have the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility but haven't gotten around to really reading it yet. If this is covered in there, and someone knows where about, I'd really appreciate that tip as well.

That just means you ovulated hun :) Pre-ovulation temps are low and they spike up immediately after ovulation. They'll stay high until your next period arrives due to the effects of progesterone that is being produced during your luteal phase.

How long have your temps been up? If it's been more than 2 weeks and your period hasn't arrived yet, take a pregnancy test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->