BBT drop after BFP - should I be worried??

Gemini19156

Reaction score
Got my first very, very faint BFP on Friday and they've been getting darker all weekend (until today, bottom tests, when I got a very dark one and a positive digi). All weekend my temp has been around 98.4, then today on my expected AF day it dropped to 98.0....I did wake up about an hour early, but I'm kind of freaking out. Anyone know if this is normal or could be a sign of a chemical? I've had absolutely no spotting, and I don't think I've had any real cramping (but it's a little hard for me to tell between that and the gas sometimes :dohh: )

My normal, pre-O temps are usually around 97, and my cover line this cycle is 97.6.

https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q629/lriggs1/unnamed_zpsfcgmli6a.jpg

I wouldn't be too worried about that. It could be because you woke up earlier or were cooler last night in your sleep. It's still above the cover line. Personally, I've always stopped temping as soon as I got a first positive test because I didn't want to drive myself nuts overthinking it. Fluctuations are normal. I would think it wouldn't be normal for it to drop to pre-O levels, but anything short of that wouldn't worry me too much. Your tests look really positive.

I got my BFP at 8dpo and on the day AF was due my temp went below the cover line. It went back up though and everything seems fine. I wouldn't worry too much if you don't have awful cramping or bleeding :)

Unlikely to be a chemical - your tests look too dark for that. BBTs are super fickle, and waking up an hour early could ABSOLUTELY result in a drop in temperature. Heck, having a bad night's sleep could mess with your BBT.

My advice is to stop testing - your BBT isn't going to tell you anymore information than you already know. And that's that you're pregnant! Congrats!

I dont think its a big deal. But you could get your progesterone tested to see if its dropping. That would at least give you piece of mind when the numbers come back good or they could supplement you.

This is the exact reason I stopped temping as soon as I got my positive. I think it adds way too much stress every single morning.

I think you're just fine! I've had three CPs and my lines didn't get as dark as yours so quickly.

If you're not bleeding or cramping the I wouldn't worry. But, if you're freaked out then go get some bloods to see your betas and progesterone.

I've got an appointment with my PCP to get bloodwork done on Thursday! Until then I've decided to stop taking my BBT and also stop POAS - I'm not cramping or spotting, so just going to assume everything is fine and wait for the tests.

They may not allow you to get your betas done, if you're not already working with an RE. My first pregnancy I suspected something was wrong (it was - but my tests didn't look anything like yours!) so I called my OB and asked to have my beta checked. They told me "a positive is a positive" and refused the test. It was frustrating because I basically had to sit around and wait to miscarry, which I had a strong suspicion was going to happen. It wasn't until I was working with an RE that I had my betas monitored.

That story is NOT meant to scare you - as I said, my tests looked absolutely nothing like yours, which is why I was concerned. Your tests look great. However, I know it's hard but I would try to stop testing at this point. It looks like you're changing brands (or, at least going from the regular FRER to the curved ones) which can change the sensitivity of the test. So you're not going to get a good comparison anyway.

Try not to worry. You have great lines. As long as no bleeding occurs there is nothing to panic about. I never looked into this personally and i understand its easy to worry but try and relax. Congratulations

P.s chemicals uve had and the lines never get dark from my experience x

Thanks everyone! I know they'll be taking blood on Thursday, but not sure what all they'll be measuring. I would assume Hcg and Progesterone. I switched test brands because I ran out of the flat FRERs, but they're all coming out very strongly positive. So like I said, just going to try to relax and assume everything is ok. I don't have any concerning symptoms - just hard not to worry about this little peanut! Especially since it's my first!

Totally understand - it's impossible not to worry. Congrats again!

You never stop worrying hun totally normal. It's hard the first trimester. X

Your tests look great. Nice and dark and good progression. I kept taking my temp after I got a BFP and it made me miserable. Some days it would dip so low that I was convinced something was wrong. I remember staring down at that low number and panicking. Nothing at all was wrong. I've had a healthy pregnancy. I eventually threw out my thermometer -- it was just a little cheapie and the peace of mind was worth it. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->