BBT experts!! Hot flushes but low temps?!

Smiler82

Reaction score
Really confused...have been charting for 18 months so thought I knew what I was doing, just going a bit mad here.

Basically on CD21 and CD22 I was SO hot, sweaty, uncomfortable etc etc. Even when I felt I'd cooled down, DH said I was still really hot to the touch. Now I'm sat here watching TV and it's some comedy show... they're trying for a baby and the woman was given a shot of estrogen, and now she is sweating! She looks as slimy and uncomfortable as I did :D So now I'm thinking were my hot flushes caused by too much oestrogen in my system? Would that be a bad thing? I've got PCOS but this has never happened before.

It's also strange as I was testing my thermometer the other night incase the battery had gone, and even though I'd been up and about, exercising, housework etc my temp was still really, really low in the evening. I've got 2 thermometers and they both gave quite low readings.

I was just so disappointed as it was looking as though I'd ovulated on CD 21 and I thought that would explain the hot flushes, but my temps have dropped again so clearly I didn't. I'm now CD26 and no sign of ov :(

Any thoughts?

You could be getting ready to ov again. Your body probably got ready to but couldn't so it's trying again. Do you have a link to your chart?

I don't know sorry but didn't want to R&R. Sometimes these things just happen. If it was only once I wouldn't worry. If you are regularly getting hot flushes have a chat with your GP.

You chart isn't linked so I can't comment on that sorry.

Thanks for the quick replies guys :) Here's my chart, but I know it's not showing ov yet

My Ovulation Chart

The other strange thing about this cycle is my temps after AF are higher than normal, usually they drop pretty quickly. Guess it's just a weird cycle, will have to wait it out :wacko:

Hmmm. Looks like your body keeps getting ready to release an egg but can't so it keeps trying again.. Sorry hun. I'm sure you will ovulate soon. GL

You might be fighting a virus.

Not sure otherwise sorry. The next few days will tell you more.

Thanks hun, appreciate the input. Am used to trying to ov and it not happening, darn PCOS! Was just really hoping for it to have happened CD21, usually I have to wait til about CD36 or not at all :( Still don't really understand the hot flushes, they were so weird!

Good luck to you too x

Ok so FF is now predicting OV on CD22! Just thought I'd let you know...temps are lower than they usually are for post OV but I guess it fits in with the hot flushes. I've never had that as a sign for ovulation before, not sure that's normal!! Oh well :S
Thanks again for your help xx

My Ovulation Chart

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"