BBT Experts take a look?

TTCBean

Reaction score
Any idea what's going on with my temps? Does it appear I'll O soon? I got a dark OPK around 6pm 2 night ago, with EWCM and other symptoms (intense cramping on left side/lower back ache) but it's been lighter since. BBT isn't giving me any clue. I usually have 40-45 day cycles if that helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 5.25.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 5.25.39 PM.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 14
Have you considered plugging your data into FertilityFriend? It can pinpoint ovulation with excellent accuracy.

I haven't, but here it is all plugged in. Doesn't make sense. On CD12 I had stark white OPK and no signs. Ugh! I would be 12DPO according to this and BFN.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 8.50.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 8.50.36 PM.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 14
I haven't been doing BBT for very long but mine is starting to look kind of crazy as well. I have no insight but I think this happens for some people.

That would be awesome if I did O CD20. That is when I had a (nearly) positive OPK.

TTCbean, are you just doing BBT in Fertility Friend, or have you added in your OPK and CM information, as well? It may provide a different estimate if you include all of your details, if you haven't already.

Added my updated chart with new info. Thinks I O'd on CD20!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 12.54.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 12.54.29 PM.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 9
Yep, that does appear to be the case! Woohoo! :)

My chart took a nose dive this morning :( I discarded yesterdays temp because I was up most the night with my LO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 8.41.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 8.41.31 AM.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 6
oh no looks like you might not have ovulated yet

This morning's temp is such a massive drop that I'm wondering if maybe it shouldn't be counted out. It doesn't seem likely to be accurate!

I know, I'm thinking about marking it off as discarded too. I noticed my mouth was REALLY dry when I temped, I wonder if that caused the massive drop?

I've noticed that if my mouth is too dry, I'll get a wonky reading. I think the sensor just isn't coming into enough contact with oral tissue and fluids, and has too much air to get a good temp.

This morning it went to 97.97. So confused with my body lol!

10DPO and BFN. BBT plummeted this morning, so I know I'm out. Waiting for Af now.

I would start temping vaginally if I were you. This way you don't risk the mouth open/inaccurate temp thing. Unless your vagina is a fabulous conversationalist of course ;)
How long is your lp usually? Is it usually short? Have you any known problems, hormonal or otherwise?

I was thinking of doing that next cycle. I don't have any 'known' hormone problems, I just usually don't get AF or O. I've had a million tests and nothing wrong apparently. Both my sons are Clomid babies. I did an unsuccessful Clomid round in Sept, but got AF without inducing which hasn't happened before so my RE was hopeful I'd O on my own this time. I only had a 9 day LP that cycle. Waiting on insurance to approve fertility drugs is my next step (FSH, HSG). Was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that!!

I removed some of my secondary symptoms from FF (like CP, CM) and it doesn't say I O'd.

I usually trust the algorithm that bases ovulation estimates on the whole picture (cm, temp, etc.)

Sorry to hear about the temp drop, though. Hopefully AF arrives quickly and your next cycle goes more smoothly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->