BBT got *LOWER* 90 minutes later? Help!

Orglethorp

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Alright, so first, please do not reply just to explain how to track BBT. I know that it should be done at the same time every single morning after at least 3 hours uninterrupted sleep, and that re-temping is bad. I know! I do temp every single morning at 5:30am, while still lying in bed.

Every once in a while, though, I'm far too desperate to pee to wait another 60 or 90 minutes, so I'll temp then, get up, pee, go back to bed, and temp again at 5:30. The first temp is just in case the 5:30 one has clearly been shifted. Most times it hasn't.

Today, however, I temped at 4:00am and got 36.41.
Then I temped at 5:30am, and I got 36.12.
This was really confusing me, and I kept wondering if I read it wrong, so at 5:45am I temped a third time and got 36.08
I then slept until nearly 10:30 (what? it's Saturday!) and temped again. I ended up turning off the thermometer before it finished, because it was clearly heading over 37.0, which does not correspond with a low 5:30 BBT at all. I've temped throughout the day a few times before, just to get a feel for things, and when I'm not in LP, I don't get anywhere close to 37 until 1pm.

Shouldn't I be getting warmer as the morning goes on? Especially since I'd gotten up and moved around?

I'm rather frustrated by this mystery temp because today should be 1dpo! I got my opk surge, yesterday's temp & CP lined up perfectly with my usual O-day, and yesterday was the CD I usually O on (CD23 of 36). Today would normally be 1dpo, and my average temp on this cycle day is 36.37 (so the 4am temp would have been right on).

I took another opk at 10:30 and the line that came up was definitely negative, but it was almost positive, so maybe my positive opk was the very beginning of the surge, just by luck, and I'll ovulate today. In that case, 36.08-36.12 would be right on for my temp.

I'm worried though, because last cycle ended up being abnormally long (54 days instead of 36!) and my BBT hovered around 36.1 for and entire week after ovulation should have occurred, and now I'm worried that I'll be getting that pattern again...

Edit: According to this BBT adjuster, my 4am 36.41C should have reached 36.58C by 5:30, so my actual 5:30 temp was 0.46 lower. This is the difference between being in LP or not. Gah!

I would just take the first one you took and bbt adjust it to when you usually would take it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->