Bbt help

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I trying it out for the first time i had a crap sleep and kept waking up and having nightmares i took my temp at 7am and fell asleep with it in my mouth the beeping woke me up and i looked and it said 35.61 i tried it again and put it under my tounge and it read 36.50, should i always put it under my tounge to get accurate readings?

Oh and i took my temp after i had been awake for ages and it was 36.41 i would have thought your temp was higher when you were awake?

You're supposed to take your temp at the same time (more less) before getting up. And if you temp orally or vaginally you'll get best results

I feel like I am a bbt expert now lol.

If you are temping orally, you need to place it under your tongue towards the back (like taking a temp for illness). It most definitely needs to be same time every day (give or take 20 mins or so). You also need to do it as soon as you wake up. Don't even move yet! I place my thermometer and alarm under my pillow (it's a vibrating alarm on my mobile) so when I sleepily go to press the button to turn it off, the thermometer is there too.

I often doze off with it in my mouth but it doesn't matter because once it's reached its temperature, it stays like that. My thermometer actually shows you the last reading for about 3 secs when you turn it on next time.

Don't take into account for any later readings. Sometimes your temp goes up, stays same or goes down. It varies on weather, what you did and your time of month.

If you wake up late, take it anyway but know that it could be slightly off.
If you wake up earlier than anticipated and it's less than 3 hours to go till you actually get up, take your temp then and at your normal time. Take note of the difference. There's a website called whenmybaby which has a calculator on there that works out what it probably would've been.

You need to have been asleep for 5 hours with the last 3 hours unbroken. X

Thank you i was wondering if sleeping with it under my pillow would make a difference or not sice it would be warmer hopefully i get on better tomorrow x

Does it matter that i have to roll over to reach my alarm lol x

Not quite sure Hun, just roll over gently like I do, not aggressively.

I sleep on my front a lot so under my pillow is easy as I'm only moving my arm x

Thanks i woke up close to my alarm it seemed ok my temp was 36.11 a big dip from 36.50 yesterday but i have started mid cycle so i can learn and be ready to start a whole cycle next cycle if i have one i'm still hoping i catch ovulation though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->