BBT in practice

jacinda

Reaction score
I've just recently started temping and know that I should take my temp at the same time every day. I set my alarm for 6.30 as that's when I get up for work. I thought it would be really easy - the alarm would go off and then I'd take my temp. Well, yesterday I woke up at 4.50, so took it at that time, then turned around and went back to sleep again (didn't actually get out of bed). The same happened today, but at 3.30 am. So it looks like I'm not taking my temp at the same time every day. What should I do? Take it when I wake up at weird hours or try and fall back to sleep and take it when the alarm goes off at 6.30?

I am personally not sure what to say here, since I am a super sound sleeper and have done pretty good at temping at the same time every morning (5am). I would suggest going over to take a look at FF, they have tons of good info on temping! Hope it helps :)

I almost always wake up in the middle of the night! I think I have the tiniest bladder on the face of the earth. Hehe. I've learned that if I just pee and go back to sleep for a couple hours my results are fine. However, tempting at different times is Not okay. Your temp fluctuates (on a 24 hour cycle) so anything more that 25 minutes off is not good. I set my alarm clock for an hours before I need to be up, so that even if my body wants to wake up a half hour early I've already temped. Usually I go to bed at 2-3am, wake up for the bathroom around 6:30am, temp at 8:30am, go back to sleep, and get up between 10 and 11am.

If you wake up before you take your temp & go right back to sleep, it's not a big deal. Even if you got up and went to the restroom and slept for another hour it would still be pretty accurate. May be a tiny bit higher but not much. If you have to wake up earlier and stay up for some reason, there are BBT converters online that seem to be right.

30min can sometimes make a .1 difference sometimes so it's important to take your temp as close to the usual time as possible. xx

I take it for both. I often wake up an hour or two before my alarm goes off so I take it then. I take it again when the normal time is, and its usually the same. If its drastically different, I go with the first temp.

Its more important to go by the temp after solid sleep then the temp at the same time. You need at least 3 hours of solid sleep to get the most reliable temp.

I rarely temp at the same time (usually within an hour or two) The only time my temp seems off is when I forget to set the alarm and I temp late, then its usually about .2 degrees higher. I try to temp around 8 am but sometimes I temp as early as 6 am if I wake up.

Thank you very much Ladies. I'll check it twice now (like Heather) and see if there's any difference. (Woke up sat 3.00am today...)

I agree with Heather. If you have to choose between the solid-sleep temp or same-time temp, solid sleep is probably more accurate. However, like Taylor said, if you go rigth back to sleep it shouldn't be a big deal. Usually if I wake up in the middle of the night I just roll over and go back to sleep. It hasn't seemed to really affect my temps yet. The thing I find that affects them most is the external temperature of the room and stuff. You can take a gander at my chart... it looks kind of wonky I guess, but my body is kinda wonky :/

Hmm i havw never got into temping as i wake up at such different times. Do u even set ur alarm to get up at the weekend? Cos nothin will get me out of bed if i dont have work!

I do set my alarm on the weekends too, but all I do is take my temp and then go back to sleep. I don't get up or anything.

Hmm i havw never got into temping as i wake up at such different times. Do u even set ur alarm to get up at the weekend? Cos nothin will get me out of bed if i dont have work!

I set an alarm. You don't have to actually get out of bed. Temping is so worth it even if you have to wake up to temp on the weekend. Just go right back to sleep :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->