BBT or OPK or both?

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
I have been told by my Dr to use only OPK. I have been reading to use both OPK and BBT. DH says to just tell him the days needed to BD and he'll go along and DTD which kinda makes me think to ditch the BBT. So do I ditch the BBT and just use OPK? Ditch OPK and ditch BBT? Or don't ditch either? All opinions and responses greatly appreciated.
:)

I'd do both. Opk to give you a warning o is coming. And bbt to confirm o did happen. I do both and of the two bbt is the one I rely on a lot because it's so reassuring knowing I o'd this cycle.

I just bbt. But I used both for many months and noticed that my OPKs always turned positive around the same day, so they don't tell me anything new anymore!

Dont ditch bbt! I used OPKs for a cycle, had positives and then 2 weeks later no AF. Was 3 weeks late and was going mad because hpts kept coming up negative. Started temping, long story short i ovulated a week after started temping. Turns out although I had the LH surge it never actually happened so I now rely on bbt and ditched the opks. They're just a waste on money to me now.

Keep both. Like Krissie said opk's tell when O is about to happen and bbt tells you when it happened.

I went without doing temps for a couple of cycles and it was so frustrating. I never truly knew what day I ovulated.

it just eases my mind to do both.

No kidding. I don't ovulate on day 14 of my cycle. I have 35 day cycles and ovulate on cd 19. it used to be cd 17 before my mc but it shifted after.

If you want to know the day you ovulate you need to temp. opk's tell you a surge is happening but doesn't confirm ovulation as you can surge but not ovulate. Likewise, you can miss the surge as well if you only test once a day and at the wrong time, or you surge in the middle of the night.

Combining the two is a good way to know how your cycle goes. Do you surge the same day as you ovulate? the day before? 2 days before?

I ovulate day 22-23, so that advice would be worthless for me too!

I never had much luck with OPK. They never showed positive and I got sick of peeing in a cup every day. I temp and check cervical mucus. I find those two things enough to determine when I'm ovulating. One doctor told me to just stick to CM and the other told me to just do BBT and both said not to bother with OPK.

If you're BD every second day in the week before you're expecting to ovulate (or throughout your cycle) then you could do neither. If you want to confirm you've ovulated then BBT. If you want to try to predict when O is going to happen, CM or OPK or checking cervical position would be the best. If you're chatting with FF then you need at least 2 pieces of evidence to confirm ovulation.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"