BBT question. Confused. Different temps..

LoveIsAllINo

GETTING HEALTHY FOR BABY
Reaction score
Hey there.

So I purchased 2 BBT's yesterday just so I can carry one in my purse. Then I read you should always use the same one while charting. So, I tested it out and took my temp about five times back to back on each. I got a different temp every time. For instance 97.33 then 98.44. I took both back and spent 25 more bucks on a more advanced BBT. The same thing is happening. They are both CVS brand. Is this normal?

I did it vaginally and by mouth. Vaginally was more accurate but still giving off different temps sometimes. What should I do?

ETA: So I noticed that if I don't take it out of my mouth and keep it in the exact same spot the results pretty much stay the same if I retemp. But If I take the thermometer out of my mouth and insert it back in I will get a different temp.

BBT temps need to be done first thing in the morning as its your bodies 'resting' temperature.. Its a very scattered result if you are taking it generally through the day as theres a lot of movement in the body, if you set an alarm each morning & before anything else grab that thermometre first in the mouth, as long as you see the temp shift for ovulation which is usually 3-4degrees higher you'll know you've ovulated, mine is a basic cheapie one from the chemist, the first month using it i fell og :) goid luck hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"