BBT questions!!

EllieNation

Mother of 2
Reaction score
Hello girls!

Am a total newbie to this site, but as I'm on cycle 3 TTC #1, it's been a godsend knowing I'm not alone in my desperate conception craziness, and I already love you ALL for that :happydance:

After checking out people's posts and charts, i've decided I'm going to jump on the charting bandwagon next month. I figure it'll help me learn about my own cycle, fertile days etc like nothing else could.

So I've ordered myself a thermometer, looking forward to getting cracking, but I've just got a couple of questions ....

Firstly, do you need to take your temperature BEFORE you get out of bed in the morning, or is there a time limit after getting up?

Also, i work shifts. So i hardly ever get up at the same time two days running. Does this make a difference? And if I work nights, when do i temp-check then?? When i finish a run of nights, on that morning when i get home from work I barely sleep at all that day? Will that affect it??

So looking forward to hearing your ideas :):thumbup:

*babydust* to all!

Ideally you need to take your temp at the same every day and after 3-5 hours of solid sleep I believe. This is only my 1st cycle temping, maybe someone more experienced can help out?

Ideally you need to take your temp at the same every day and after 3-5 hours of solid sleep I believe. This is only my 1st cycle temping, maybe someone more experienced can help out?

If that's the case, I've no hope have I?! My chart'll be a bit of a mess!!!

Do it before you get out of bed - ideally before you even move!!

My friend temps and has a baby, so very rarely gets up at the same time...she says as long as she does it the minute she wakes up, no matter what time it is, it's fine and she can see a pattern. As long as you have at least 3 hours of sleep it should be OK. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->