BBT ( temping ) help

MissGii

Reaction score
Ok so I’m new to this temping thing. I brought a BBT thermometer from the chemist and have been temping for about 10 days. I have read the differences between armpit, oral, vaginal/rectal also that mouth breathing while using the oral method can lower your temp. So I have been using the oral method I do breath through my mouth most of time so I figured as long as I’m consistant it will be alright ( e.g if I always mouth breath even if my temps are lower it will still be actuate vs 50/50 mouth and nose ) well my temps so far have all been pretty much around the 35 degree mark which I was starting to worry about how low it is so I decided to do a little experiment just now and take my temp. Oral I got 35.28 then armpit 35.70? Did oral again 35.47 then 36.05 then 35.90 so I went back to arm pit and got 35.57 so basicly no matter how I measure I never got the same temp twice? This was all immediately after one another. Did I get a faulty thermometer or what? Thanks

It's possible it's the thermometer, but I personally don't trust oral temps for myself because of having my mouth open, and I haven't heard of using armpit temps. I temp vaginally because I find it's the most accurate. It's a little weird at first lol but it works better, my chart was all over the place when I tried doing it orally initially.

I also temp vaginally, and I never temp more than once at a time. Its like weighing yourself, every time you get a different answer and its just confusing.

Thank you i think most people vaginally temp, I may give it ago in another cycle ( I feel like it’s not very discreet) but for now I’ll keep doing what I’m doing. For the last 3-4 days my temp has been rising so that’s good I’m feeling more confident now. Armpit is not usually used for BBT but it still mentioned it on the thermometer instructions.

What tankel said. It changes each time you take it, and it doesn't matter where you put it. I temp vaginally as it seems to be the most reliable in terms of stability. You won't get the wide variations you will almost definitely see temping orally. But try to place it at the same place each time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->