BBT - to adjust or not?

Dia0624

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm back in the two week wait and around 8-9 DPO today. No symptoms other than creamy cm, but it's not as creamy as it was during the two times I was pregnant in the past. Anyways, I'm tempting to keep an eye on high temps but I keep waking up 2-3 hours earlier than scheduled and it really screws it all up because usually I toss and turn for a while before I am asleep again. I just wanted to see if most of you adjust your temps for disrupted sleep or do you recommend more of noting the temps at the earlier time (since it was a more consistent sleep).

Thanks!

The FertilityFriend tutorial says not to adjust, and instead recommends just trying to temp at the same time every day.

So temp at the same time, even though the temprature would be totally higher than it should be, since I've been tossing and turning? For me, my temps get effected really easily. For example when I woke up for the second time today my temp was 98 degrees, however if I use the adjustment tool my temp would be 97.6.

I don't temp, so I can't offer any practical experience -- just repeating what FF had to say about adjustments and times. :)

I have been temping for 1.5 years now and I can tell you that disrupted sleep doesn't make that much of a difference. It might change it by like .1 or .2 but thats not enough to skew anything. Ive had times where I wake up, get up to pee and am up walking around for 10 mins and it hasnt changed my temp much; I still get the temp range I would expect for that part of my cycle. The only time I see really skewed temps is if I am tossing and turning all night.

So i would continue to take your temp at the normal time you usually do.

And those adjustment tools arent catered to your body specifically. Every body is different but the adjustment tool is just spitting out a generic calculated number. Even if the temp is slightly higher from disrupted sleep, I think you'll still see the same pattern in your BBT as you would any other month. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->