BBT vs OPK

SadMummy

Reaction score
Hey girls, I need some advice. Not too sure what is going on here...

This is my 2nd month of tracking bbt and doing OPK's. I have 26/27 day cycles. Last month I O on CD16 and my temps and OPK's supported that but this month it's gone a bit strange.

Today is CD17. My temp started to rise on Friday (CD15) and has since been above coverline. Fertility Friend is saying I ovulated on Thursday which is CD14. But I didn't get my +OPK until Friday and then a strong positive on Saturday. I did another OPK yesterday afternoon and it gone back to neg so I'm thinking I ovulated yesterday.

I'm not sure what to trust....the OPK or rise in temperatures....

Anybody have any suggestions...

That does sound a bit confusing. Can you post a link to your ff chart so that we can take a look?

okay i found using opks useful in conjunction with BBT, though there were a few things i found affected me as i had irregular cycles and my ovulation often occurred later in my cycle.

OPKs measure the LH in your urine - i found my boby would have several attempts at ovulating and might have two-three instances of positive opks but only one true ovulation (imagine a stalling car - gets rev'd up then stalls, but succeeds after several tries)
BBT my temp only rose after my true ovulation

Opks are useful at outlining the approaching surge, so you get warning of ovulation which is useful. the BBT confirms it's happened. together there's a good chance of catching that Eggy!

Thanks girls. Not too sure how to post the link to my chart...i'll have a go....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->