• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

BBTing - Which CD did ovulation happen?

RhoRho

Reaction score
This cycle I am a little confused as Fertility Friend is saying ovulation happened on CD 18 but I think it happened yesterday CD 20. I have attached my chart for this cycle.

I would love to have feed back as to whether you think fertility friend is right or not.

Thanks xxx

Attachments

• Chart.JPG
    Chart.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 5
I think fertility friend goes by the 'rule' that if you have a spike of 0.4F or more and then you have three temps which are in the higher range than your previous 3 temps you've ovulated.
Based on that 'rule' you had a 0.2 spike and have had 3 temps above your previous 3. So not quite a big enough spike but maybe enough for FF. Not sure!
I agree that CD20-21 does look like a much bigger spike but to be honest it could be either day.
I can't see from the chart but did you take note of your cervical fluid or do ovulation tests? Both of these are really helpful to fertility friend if there's any doubt like this.

What makes you think it's CD20 over CD18?

Thanks for replying Joybell.
I did take note of CM and I only had 1 day where it was watery which was CD 16, the rest of the time there wasn't much, if I had to put a description to it I would say watery. I do struggle with CM so use Pre-Seed.
Yesterday I also had mild cramps which leads me to believe yesterday was O day.
I've had 2 cycles where I O'd on CD 18 and 1 on CD 19, and now this cycle CD 20. I seem to be a late O'er

I ovulate around CD18 too, once or twice as late as CD20. My luteal phase is around 12 days. So my cycle length is around 30-31days. U hate ovulating late as it'd such a long wait!

Did you 'cover' both potential ovulation days?
The ovulation strips from Amazon are a cheap and cheerful back up to temps if you struggle with CM. They really help my pinpoint my day when there's doubt.
Id just continue tempting but keep both potential dates in your head when testing and expecting your period

This month we totally missed the potential O days as DH was away.
I have used the OPK tests but I often miss the surge. I've only detected the suge twice. I almost feel like I have to test 3 times a day pin point the surge.

Yeh it's tricky. Now I have a general idea of my pattern I tend to test CD13-15 once a day and then from CD15 onwards i'll test before lunch and late afternoon just incase I miss my surge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"