BD Question????

Saxogirl

Mum to 2 beautiful boys!
Reaction score
Okay I have seen loads of threads on here about how often should you :sex: and if you do it too much then does the quality deteriorate etc etc but I have heard (what I think is an old wives tale) and have been wondering (and haven't seen anyone asking this question....)

Is it better (I mean obviously it's "better" but are you more likely to conceive) if the woman has an orgasm:D or doesn't it make any difference as long as the :spermy: get where they need to be?????

What do you think?

Cant remember where I read it but did read that it is better.
Not sure why though???

What a useless response this is :blush:

dont know if it is true but i heard that its better coz if u orgasm there will be more fluid for spirm 2 swim up x

I don't think it really matters, there was a TV program ages ago that filmed the cervix dipping into a pool of semen during the female orgasm, they thought it might help the transport of sperm into the uterus. So after would be good, or indeed any time :D Just enjoy ;)

if u dont orgasm when :sex: and this worries u,just use pressed,its sperm friendly,and nice :) it only takes once obvioulsey anyways,think its fellas with low sperm count that r told only2do bd everyother day,but otherwise i think its how u and ur partner are comfy with, when i fell pg (mc sadley) i know that mth i only bd once/twice..maybe!

I have heard different things - some people say every day to be sure, others say you should save up some sperm and do it every two days. How about one and a half and mix in mornings and nights?!

I ovulate at about CD16 or 17 and we BDd on CD11, 13, 15, 16 and 17 and got a :bfp: I reckon it was CD15 or 16 that did it.

I also stayed still in bed for half an hour before going to the loo. Just in case!

Good luck!

Hx

ooohhh congrats Halle71 !!! these are usually the 2days i usually try make sure as i get peaks on monitor,but then always of course like to get as much in as poss..not always possible tho is it!! lol

I heard it is better for the woman to orgasm with or after the man because the contractions help to drag the spermies up and in, but that the difference is next to nothing
Orgasm before is of no benefit but does not decrease any chances either.

Orgasm before is of no benefit but does not decrease any chances either.

Obviously I mean benefit regarding TTC, the enjoyment benefits are still there!! :happydance:

hehe my hubbi and i read that the female orgasm makes a sperm friendly and pushes the spermies upwards - hubby said "i bet that was written by a woman" needless to say he puts the pillow under my bum and then finishes me off :D gotta love TTC lol.

Good luck saxo!

apparently when a woman orgasms it helps pull the sperm up towards where they need to be, whereas if a woman does the pelvic muscle exercises it pushes the sperm away from where they want to be, so for me i sometimes like to make OH laugh by squeezing my internal muscles after we've..ahem..and he's still inside but have now learnt thats bad if TTC

also an orgasm makes the vagina less acidic meaning it is more sperm friendly

however don't worry too much as plenty of people have got pregnant without orgasms so its not essential
x

I've researched the same thing, too. Doesn't seem to matter if you BD every day or every other day. Personally, I leave it open to what the mood is. I make sure we get a minimum in, but always encourage more. That way BDing doesn't become a "job" and all about babymaking. We've been trying almost 6 months and no complaints about a "job" yet.

As for the Big O, it only helps if you O right after he does. That way the contractions will help the little guys out. However, it doesn't help much, so timing isn't worth worrying over (resulting in it not being able to happen at all!). Think of it as a bonus if happens to time itself in favor of the little dudes/dudettes.

I've also read several places to lie flat for at least 20 minutes, your uterus naturally points down, so the swimmers will have a chance. Pillows aren't necessary, but don't hurt! DH jokes that if the swimmers can't go against gravity when I stand up, then they are the "rejects" and we don't want them anyway. :)

DH jokes that if the swimmers can't go against gravity when I stand up, then they are the "rejects" and we don't want them anyway. :)

:rofl: lol thats a great way of thinking!

This is a great thread - am really glad I posted it lol

BTW the O part isn't a problem :)happydance:) I was just wondering what people thought /had researched about it! - I think I saw some thing about it on FRIENDS which started me off wondering! lol

Hey hun

GP told us that female orgasm is quite important when TTC as it can assist conception - also all the fertility books recommend it too.

When your orgasm your cervix open and draws in the :spermy: so if you can time it right then great - if not then pillow under the bottom, cervix tilted and maybe a spot of manual manipulation :rofl: can help!

Good luck! :hugs:

Lol, - Well there you go - who knew that friends was accurate and educational!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->