hunni12

Mum To Rj&WTT#2
Reaction score
Seen this on Fb and sharing on all trimesters

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-20-21-40-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-20-21-40-24.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 46
If you google chemical burn and pampers or luvs you'll see there have been parents claiming those brands gave their babies chemical burns as well.

I actually ended up using cloth diapers because my son was allergic to Huggies, Pampers, etc. (Pretty much any diaper that has those beads in then). If the diaper broke and the beads touched his skin it instantly got red and enflamed (looked similar to picture). He had no issues with cloth diapers. It was just a lot of work for mommy. L ol

Oh wow so it is almost as if none of them are safe

Any disposable diaper unfortunately has the potential to cause these types of chemical burns our severe rashes in certain babies. My oldest daughter had bleeding rashes for the first 3 months of her life. We started out in Huggies, but the brand didn't seem to matter. I tried everything to heal her poor bottom. Eventually, while I was desperately looking for a answers on the internet into the wee hours of the morning, I stumbled across some info about cloth diapers. I decided to give them a try a and we never looked back. My second daughter was not sensitive to disposables, but we used cloth again anyway. Well do the same for this one.

It's hard to predict which child might have this sort of reaction to certain disposables (or even all of them). All you can do is try it out and watch carefully for signs that they aren't tolerating the diaper. My daughter got her first serious rash before she was a week old. I was a young first time mom, and I didn't know that it was very unusual for a young newborn to get a rash like that. That would have been my first sign that something was wrong if I'd been able to recognize it.

My daughter had a reaction to most nappy brands and baby wipes too. She would be red raw and bleeding, it did looks like burns and nothing but no nappy time would help.

I switched to cloth nappies and washable wipes at 3 months and she never had problems again. I'love use cloth nappies and wipes from birth this time

You ladies said everything I was going to!! Great information here! My kids varied between the brands and luckily we always found one that worked. My daughter was the most sensitive of all!

Neither of my kids got on well with the typical brands, Pampers being the worst offender. With baby 1, we eventually switched to cloth, which was fine but not perfect either (probably due to getting wet quicker so if we missed a pee for too long and didn't change it immediately, she'd sometimes still get rashes). They didn't work for nights because the time between changes was just too long for her skin to be damp. But I did find that "Eco" disposables were just fine. Sainsburys used to do an own brand Eco nappy which we used at nights and then full time on baby 2, because I just couldn't take the thought of all the cloth nappy washes with two very young kids. When sainsburys stopped doing that line of nappies, I tried several other ones but they were either expensive or irritated baby 2's skin. Until I found the very cheapest type of morissons own brand nappies. They have no fancy plasticky layer or gel beads and they've never ever caused an issue. Plus they're about £1.40 for a pack of 20! So I'm sticking with those. Just hope there's a newborn size...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->