Be kind to yourself as you go through this pain.

Dnatarajan

Reaction score
As a psychotherapist specializing in maternal mental health, an advocate of mindfulness and a mother who lost two pregnancies, I wanted to share my personal experience of using mindfulness to cope with the grief of miscarriage.

Having a miscarriage is an emotionally painful experience. In addition to suffering through this incredible loss in silence, many mothers often carry self-blame, guilt and regret. Learning to face this tragedy with self-compassion and kindness instead, provides a sense of profound strength and acceptance. I hope my story will touch the life of at least one mother who has been through or is going through this loss.

I published an article on Huffington Post on this topic. I am unable to post the link on this forum because I need to have had atleast 10 posts before I am able to post a link :) For anyone going through feelings of guilt, shame, regret, fear, please read my article. You can do a google search of my name, 'Devi Natarajan' and 'Huffington Post'. The name of my article is, 'A Mother's Mindful Moment'.

If you want to learn ways to use mindfulness in coping with your grief, please comment on this thread.

Yes, please. I had a miscarriage last April that ripped my heart out. I sometimes feel numb from the pain and angry when my husband doesn't seem to understand.

Thank you for sharing your blog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->