Becoming a zombie

BabyViking

Reaction score
I cant take my babies sleep problems anymore. I have been having these issues since before her three month checkup, and she is ow five months old!
She goes to bed anywhere between 7-8, and sleeps till about 5:30-6:30. The problem is that she wakes up every 2-3 hours. Last night she fell asleep at 8 after fussing in my arms for an hour. Then she woke u at 10:30, 1:30 4:00 and then woke up for the day at 6. I went to bed at midnight, but have been having bad insomnia and first fell asleep at 3 in the morning. All this waking up all night has ruined my own sleep rutine. I am just not tired during the night anymore.
Anyway, we both got up at six, and I was just watching the clock for her nap 2 hours later. It took me over half an hour to get her down, and she only slept for under 30 minutes. She is contantly fussing and tired, rubbing eyes all day as her naps suck when she sleeps inside. I dont always have to energy to go for walkes to make her sleep outside, or the weather is to bad to put her outside.
All this lack of sleep has made me feel constantly sick for weeks, and my head aches. At the three month checkup the midwife suggested that I should give her formula in a bottle before going to bed, as she sounded like she might be hungry during the night. I tried that, and she hated it. She hated the formula and she hated the bottle.
Two weeks ago I gave in to my families pleas to start her on solids, as she was obviosly starving according to them. I tried two types of baby rice and sweet potato puree. Her stomach couldnt handle any of it, and she had terrible gas for days, which kept her up til almost midnight for two days.
I made a thread about her temperament issues the other week, and it was suggested to me that she might have reflux. I chnaged my diet, but things did not improove. I think her mood during the day is due to bad sleeping patterns. She is whining and rubbing her eyes after every nap, but refuses to sleep more.
My DH is only home during the weekend every other week, due to school and work, so I have to deal with all this myself. I have to know if it gets any better. I am staring to worry about my health. I have a appointment for her this coming week, and I will mention all this to the doctor. i am also going to mention my own sleeping problems, and how I feel run down and a little depressed.

:hugs:

If you can get some help for your imsomnia I think that would improve things greatly. I know how you feel, Maria is a terrible sleeper and I often can't sleep when she does anyway (back pain) so get very little sleep. If I remember right, around 5 months was the worst time for feeling exhausted but improved after that so hopefully you won't feel so tired as you get more used to it. And if you're feeling depressed, maybe thats making things worse and some treatment would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->