Bed Rest

new bride

Proud mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies (also posted in Third tri)

I've been put on bed rest at home after my blood pressure was significantly raised when I went for baby monitoring yesterday, and I'm bored already!!

I initially went in for reduced movements, but my little man is perfectly happy - probably just feeling my stress. Things is - im not stressed!! The consultant told me to have a day in bed today and to see him first thing tomorrow morning, and I overheard him saying I'd be induced if not improved. Midwives then told me that I needed to calm down from now on and not do so much.

But I'm not actually doing much anyway!! I've finished work, and apart from cleaning and general shopping and pottering im not pushing myself. I know I spent 3 hours cleaning kitchen yesterday, but I feel useless if I dont do SOMETHING!!

Sorry for the rant - anyone else feeling sorry for themselves? - oh and this is not the first time my BP has been raised since pregnancy and my mum got pre-eclampsia

listen to the docs and stay in bed! I was on bed rest for PE too. You are 'lucky' in a way to be at home - I was in boring old hospital!

Hope you manage to escape induction.

My mum also had PE as did her mum...

Good luck! xx

I've just been released from incarceration for high BP. So glad to be home now although I have to put my feet up too. But its so BORING!

haha, incaceration. love it.
i'm on the second round of it for second pregnancy.
first was in hospital as Yes. it suxs.
no fresh air, under neon lights - isn't that how they breed laying hens?!
but i got super busy and did photo books and tons of craft (even hand sewed her a doll! never again)
this time is at home which is super special now i have 16 month old to tickle.

keep yourself busy with tasks, sort out your filing system of bills, a photo album, recipe books, adress book, computer files and photos. research something for someone else - i orgnaise my mum's surprise 70th. do craft, learn to knit,,, something to keep your mind from panicing.
That what helps me survive.

i'm cooler with it now that i've reached 28 weeks. lots less panicky about life.
i also read to make sure you shower first thing, wear DAY clothes (i lived in pj's in hospital, not recommended), eat regular meals, keep a normal routine, not a i'm-slothing-in-bed-fo-months persona. helping me this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->