Bed Rest ?

mommie2be

Baking Baby #2 !
Reaction score
My doctor put me on bed rest yesterday because they predict that I will develop preeclampsia.
Is anyone else on bed rest? How do you pass time? I feel like this is going to get really old, really fast !

Ive been on bedrest since 12 weeks so 18 weeks now (not to mention we've gone just as long with no sex per drs orders...the worst part!!!) ... Lots of books, puzzles, crosswords, sudukos, and its a good idea to get a mini fridge and put it in your room. I also scheduled to have at least 2 visitors a week so I didnt go mad and my oh went and got lots of movies for me. Ive also become addicted to the internet :( Oh, and you will be using the phone ALOT, and I started to crochet... have made lots of little booties and a few hats... it takes my mind off of things.

Thank you so much ! Hope everything is going well with you now ! I'm scared I'll go crazy. :haha:
I'm going to try to take up knitting to pass time and I might start a journal or something.

Yeah, a journal would be great! Every so often I have a breakdown and just cry from the boredom. I have told my oh numerous amounts of times I dont care anymore and just want to go to the store and buy something for the baby myself... thats been the worst. (Just breath and remember its whats best for baby!) You will get through it you dont have a long time left (47 days!!) Hopefully you will get lots of rest.

Im hoping in 2 weeks with my next visit with the perinatologist I will get to get out of this bed and stop using these nasty cathaders. I would love to play with my 3 year old :(

That's the only way I'll get through it, it's best for LO.
Luckily we already have everything ready for when he arrives, we just hope he'll hold off for at least another month !
I'll be thinking of you ! Hope your doctor says all is well and you can get up and do as you please ! :flow:

I have been on bed rest since about 29/30 weeks and I cant stand it :( I just hate asking DH to do everything but pee for me...I will be over soon I just wish the time would fly by even faster. I wish could just sleep though it but I can never sleep. Sadly I just watch TV and get on the internet. 7 weeks to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->