Bed sharing question

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
My little guy sleeps with us and I love it. But my shoulders are hurting :( I sleep with my arm closest to him up over him under my pillow. This is really starting to hurt my shoulders.

How do you guys do it? Is there any tricks to help? Can I put my arm down beside him after he finishes nursing? Please help. :flow:

I did find I just got used to it after the first 6 months or so, but yes you can put your arm down!

My little guy sleeps on my arm because he is happier on his side y he's a very windy n refluxy baby n being on his back doesn't agree with him. My shoulder hurts occasionally but think I'm getting used to it now x

I co sleep with dd in the spare bed as I dont feel I have enoigh room on our bed with her and oh. So its just the 2 of us in a double. When she's done nursing I unlatch her and roll away and sleep how I like! I have done the same with 3 of us in the bed but it's a bit more squashy if I'm not curled around lo. She and I are both really fidgety sleepers tho so we change positions several times a night! :D

Thanks ladies. TheNewMrsB, when I first started to bed share, that's how we slept too. It definitely is hurty.

I usually roll away and lay on my back because that's how I'm most comfortable anyway, but I feel I need to keep my arm up there. I think I'm too paranoid. Ok, I know I am. :wacko:

I just feel like if I put my arm down and sleep away from him I won't wake just when he does to feed him. I don't want him to cry or not know that I'm right there. My friend said I'm too soft because Finn had never slept away from me yet (unless he slept in the carseat driving somewhere). I just can't stand the thought of him waking up and me not being there. It makes me sad to think that I will make him sad. I know that he will eventually have to do it (sleep in our bed alone, before we go to bed) but right now I still need to go to sleep when he does because he wakes so often.

Anyway, silly pointless post...

I know it makes me nervous to roll away and leave Colton in the bed by himself. I feel like I might forget he's in the bed if I lie on my back... so I stay on my side with my arm above him... if I find its uncomfortable, I move him lower so I can move my arm some. Or I move him to his co sleeper until he next feeding. I plan to switch out the co sleeper for the pack n play once he's able to sit up etc.

I get it though... I don't know what to do with the other arm... like it feels like I'm squishing him if I put it over him... but otherwise I have to put it behind me on a pillow and not as comfy. Oh well!

We have Finn's crib (cot?) attached to our bed but the only time I put him in it is when I wash my hands after a diaper change. One day I might get brave enough to move him over. For now it just adds extra room for me to lean on when he squashes me off the bed! :haha:

As for my other arm, I either put it on the bed on my side when I lay on my back, or I tuck my hand up under my cheek and lean back a little so there is no way it can rest on him. That's all I figured out so far.

You can put your arm down! :lol: I co-sleep with two, so know all too well about the cramps and pains of certain positions, haha!

Woke up this morning with a dead arm after cuddling him as our room got a bit cold last night. He was snug and happy though so I don't mind x

Haha! I get a dead arm often. My shoulder just doesn't like to lay like that.

Thanks ladies. TheNewMrsB, when I first started to bed share, that's how we slept too. It definitely is hurty.

I usually roll away and lay on my back because that's how I'm most comfortable anyway, but I feel I need to keep my arm up there. I think I'm too paranoid. Ok, I know I am. :wacko:

I just feel like if I put my arm down and sleep away from him I won't wake just when he does to feed him. I don't want him to cry or not know that I'm right there. My friend said I'm too soft because Finn had never slept away from me yet (unless he slept in the carseat driving somewhere). I just can't stand the thought of him waking up and me not being there. It makes me sad to think that I will make him sad. I know that he will eventually have to do it (sleep in our bed alone, before we go to bed) but right now I still need to go to sleep when he does because he wakes so often.

Anyway, silly pointless post...
i think you're following your instincts and that's wonderful. keep it up, mama :)

i think that as our LO's get older, we adjust how we sleep with them. you will get more comfortable moving about the bed so your arms don't fall asleep. it's only recently that i've become comfortable sleeping with my back to my DS, and he is 4. you and your LO will always have your special way of sleeping...it's a constant adjustment lol. good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->