Bed times

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Waiting4Bump, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Waiting4Bump

Waiting4Bump Well-Known Member

Right, random question, but what time are you all going to bed?

I used to be able to stay awake easily until 2-3am & still be up at 7 for work..No problem. 4 hours sleep was as much as I needed!

Now, I seem to want to be in bed now, so 8:30! :blush: Is this normal? x

2. ladypotter

ladypotter Three Girls!!!

I'm heading to bed about an hour earlier, but I tend to wake up more in the night now too so not sure the extra hour is even helping! ugh!

3. starbucks101

starbucks101 Well-Known Member

im dead on my feet by about 9pm where as before i could easily stay up till about 11pm, was the same with my first pregnancy so i think its perfectly normal!

4. hopeforamirac

hopeforamirac Well-Known Member

im normally ready for bed at 10 lol

5. punkin

punkin Pregnant - 1st Tri

I used to be able to stay awake until 10 or 11 during the week and until whatever early hour of the morning I would go to be on the weekend (usually 1 or 2). Now I'm lucky to make it to 9:30 when DH leaves for work and 11 on the weekends. I think I have yet to stay awake until midnight since I got my BFP in the middle of July.

6. saffy1978

saffy1978 Mummy to 5!

I'm usually nodding off on the sofa at 8.30. I'm really struggling to make it past 9.30. I used to be able to stay up till midnight before! I kinda like it tho. I used to suffer with mild insomnia. But now I sleep soooooo well and my bed just feels so comfortable!

7. Waiting4Bump

Waiting4Bump Well-Known Member

See, I go to bed fine. But I wake up every 2 hours in the night, & I'm normally awake for about 15-20 minutes when I do wake up. And then I can't get comfy!

And when I have to get up in the mornings, I literally have to drag myself out of bed :blush: I have to leave for work at 8:05 to be there for 8:20, & this morning it was 7:55 before I even got out of bed.

8. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I usually go to sleep between 12-1am because I don't have to get up until 7:30. However, some nights I get tired earlier and go to sleep at 10-11pm, but then I wake up earlier.

9. Flick

Flick Well-Known Member

I work from home, or at an office really close to here, so I used to go to bed around midnight and get up at 7:30 or so.

For the last week I've been needing my bed any time from about 8 onwards, then sleeping badly/lightly/full of dreams, and waking up about 6:30 totally unable to go back to sleep again.

Mind you, it's really warm and humid here, I'm not sure if that's a reason, too :)

10. JennTheMomma

JennTheMomma Mommy of 1 & Expecting #2

Between 10 pm and midnight. It really depends on if I take a nap. My son naps for 3 hours in the afternoon, and if I nap with him I won't be tired again till midnight, but without the nap normally 10 pm or 10:30 pm.

11. hivechild

hivechild Mummy to Ronan

It's completely random and no matter how tired I am, sometimes I'm not getting to sleep until 3-4am. Other times I'm out by 10pm. I often wake around 4-5 in the morning and can't get back to sleep and other times I'm waking up at 8-9am. I also nap during the days when I can.

The joys of insomnia. :rolleyes:

12. amy16323

amy16323 Well-Known Member

i use to stay up to 2-3 am but now since i got pregnant i usually go to bed at 9.im always tired all day long

13. Rach276

Rach276 Well-Known Member

In my first tri it was bed by 10 at the latest. Its gets better from around the second tri x

14. curlykate

curlykate Devin's Mommy

I used to be in bed around 10, getting up at 6 in the morning. However, it always took me at least an hour to fall asleep, so I was getting to sleep around 11.
    Now I'm in bed by 9 at the absolute latest...usually 8:30!! It still takes me a while to fall asleep, although not usually an hour. And I find I'm up a lot during the night. Last night I got up 8 times to pee! Crazy!

15. sabriena

sabriena Well-Known Member

I'm usually in bed by 3-4am and wake up in the afternoon since I work from home. Recently, about a week before finding out, I've found it a struggle to stay up that late. I do it anyway since I need to work. I didn't think the tiredness would hit so fast!

16. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

Im in bed most nights by 9pm, and could easily go to bed earlier.Its getting a bit better these last few days, I managed to stay awake in bed to watch Big Brother which didnt end until 10pm!!

17. toseland13

toseland13 Well-Known Member

im usually in bed before 9 bt dont sleep straight away. used to stay up til 10:30-11:30pm. i get up at 6:30am for work :wacko:

18. teal

teal Well-Known Member

I've been really tired and I wake up countless times throughout the night.

19. Rozie_1985

Rozie_1985 Mummy To Joel

Fell asleep at 9.30pm on Monday and slept all the way through till 7.30am! This is unheard of for me, i normally stay awake till at least 11.30! i didn't even hear OH come in from his pool match at 11.00pm.

20. hydie

hydie Guest

im wanting to go sleep all the time dont worry your not alone!
    i sleep around 9- 10pm