Bedding sets

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by Kaisma, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Kaisma

Kaisma Well-Known Member

Where have you girls bought your bedding sets for cot from? Its really hard for me to find anything on reasonable price.. All I find are really expensive ones. I mean, I don't wanna pay £70+ for a bedding... I found one for £39.99 cos it was half price lol

And what do I actually need? How many sheets etc?

2. 2beamummy12

2beamummy12 Guest

I got mine at babiesrus and i only got the sheet in the set but im cosleeping so i figure i only really need one sheet because im only using our crib for naps if i want to... i recommend getting 3 to 5 sheets if your lo is going to be always sleeping in the crib

3. Kaisma

Kaisma Well-Known Member

Thanks. I looked babiesrus and thats where I found that £39.99 one.

And yeah, she is. First in moses basket before she goes in cot.

4. BlueBug

BlueBug Active Member

I've had a hard time finding stuff too. Everything is either way overpriced or it's covered in cheesy cartoon animals. My plan is to get several sheets and just go with a regular adult sized quilt that I can fold in half to fit the crib and look pretty while the baby isn't in there.

5. Kaisma

Kaisma Well-Known Member

I know! Really hard to find anything nice on reasonable price. I wanna have white/pink set that isn't cheesy. Just simple one that looks nice and pretty.

6. 2beamummy12

2beamummy12 Guest

Yeah i paid 159 for mine lol and hes not even sleeping in it i just wanted it to look pretty!

7. sequeena

sequeena Winging it.

I bought a crib set for £40 when I was pregnant. Turned out it was a waste of time! It's advised to not use a quilt or bumper until baby is 1 year and over... so I paid £40 for a sheet :dohh:

I co-sleep so only have the one sheet, I change it every week because he does sleep in his scrib sometimes. He's not a very sicky baby either.

8. Hevalouaddict

Hevalouaddict Mama to 3 beautiful babas

in tesco they have sheets 2 for £7 at the moment. bedding prices are crazy! i look for groups on facebook and see if people do custom made ones. most i've asked just ask for a double duvet/quilt cover and only charge for thread and wadding so your paying about £20 and you can choose your own material so atleast its unique to what you want =) hope this helps... also try sainsburies they have a big baby sale on at the mo

9. 2beamummy12

2beamummy12 Guest

10. AirForceWife7

AirForceWife7 Mama to Brenna.

11. jemmie1994

jemmie1994 Evie's Mummy <3

i bought some moses and pram sheets from lesters nursery world think they were £5 each but this is only really helpful if your in north west cos they only have one branch in cheetham hill

12. Kaisma

Kaisma Well-Known Member

Im in Cumbria :)

13. misse04

misse04 Mum and expecting baby#2

I got my Cot bedding set with bumper and curtains etc from a woman that makes them on ebay think came to £30/35 without curtains but was pink gingham pattern. And got bottom sheet from asda... and for moses basket got 2 bottom sheets and one the baby sleeping bags which are a god send by the way because they don't kick them off :) and then just put a normal blanket over the top x

14. Mei190

Mei190 Well-Known Member

Bedding prices are quite rediculous I do agree. All I have did was, bought a double pack of sheets for the moses basket mattress (didn't cost too much I don't think) and that was all he needed for that. Now he is in his cot, I only have a bumper, bottom sheets and sleep pods. We keep the house fairly warm so he never gets cold and the sleep pod is just enough for him without kicking anything off. Bumper I got in the sales, any time there is an offer is really the best time to get bedding.

15. YoungMum92

YoungMum92 Well-Known Member

16. Kaisma

Kaisma Well-Known Member

Thanks hun Ive tried to look on ebay and when I cant find I just get pissed off and knock the whole thing off :D
    That's really nice and good price!! thank you!!! x x

17. YoungMum92

YoungMum92 Well-Known Member

You welcome hon :)
    Hope you find what you want and that it doesn't cost a bomb!

18. Kaisma

Kaisma Well-Known Member

Thanks I went to ebay already and found some nice sets for like 20 pound! thanks for reminding me of our amazing ebay :D

19. aidensxmomma

aidensxmomma 4 on Earth, Many in Heaven

I'm not getting a bedding set. Its advised that you don't use crib bumpers or a quilt (until baby is a year) and that's like 2/3 of the set right there. :haha: I'm just going to get a pack of sheets since I already have quite a few for Aiden and Mady. :thumbup: