Bedroom/Playroom

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this as there isn't a general parenting section!

This will obviously be heavily dependent on the layout of everyones houses, but what are your plans about where you keep your kids stuff? Theakstons nursery is quite small, he has his cot, chest of drawers, and changing table and that's about all that will fit in there. At the moment the living room is over-run with his stuff, whilst our spare room is barely used as we never really have people to stay and our desk is redundant now we both have laptops. My plan was that when Theakston's older he will have his bed and clothes in his room, ornaments or whatever on his little shelves and that's it. His bedroom will literally be for sleeping & dressing. I was then going to put all his toys in the spare room and make him a playroom type thing. We have a TV in there so I would hook up his VSmile console thingie, when he's at school he could make use of the desk etc., it would be like what a bedroom is to most kids, minus the bed :lol:

I'm just watching Jo Frosts extreme parenting thing about when kids should go to bed and stuff and they've been saying how kids avoid sleeping/pretend to go to bed and sit in their rooms playing on their games consoles or computers and so on and to take them away or keep them downstairs. This makes me feel like there's actually a fair argument for me space saving (lol) and was just wondering what everyone elses plans are?

To me the idea of a 'playroom' has always sounded a bit posh and unnecessary but in our house it makes perfect sense with the room we have.

Conservatory - but it can be really cold sometimes so we're looking at having the central heating extended to there

Hannah's stuff is all in the living room :rofl: her room right now is used for sleeping and changing only. As she gets older though and is better able to play some on her own we will move at least part of her toys up there

We have a toy room .. it was a breakfast/utility room when we moved in but we needed somewhere to put all their stuff lol.
They're only allowed soft toys (Teddy's etc) in their rooms, they don't watch much TV so they wouldn't want a telly in their rooms anyway which is a good job because i don't like the idea of it.

I dont like the idea of having a bedroom which children also play in, how are parents supposed to join in? (since bedrooms are usually on the first floor away from where parents hang out in the evening, the lounge or kitchen). Children "wind down" better for bed too if they sleep in their bedrooms only (perhaps have books and a few teddies in there). I dont like having electrical things in the bedroom (weird I know), just think they emit something which makes the bedroom a less restful place. So Im never having a TV in my bedroom or my LO's (found it stressful enough having a computer in there for a year :dohh:)
And yes, a conservatory would be a fab option as its near the lounge where the adults can chill out of the way, but close enough to feel like you are all enjoying the same time together :thumbup:

emilys toys are in the living room
there's a box of them in her room too
along with a book shelf crammed with
books and what not but she wont have
a telly in there or anything so im happy
if she'd rather read than sleep lol

xxx​

were going to do what you plan to. River will be in her nursery (single bedroom) and am going to turn the spare bedroom (double) into a playroom.

When we have another baby we are going to have him/her in our room until she is sleeping well then them and River will share a bedroom until they are 5 if its a boy and 10 if its a girl and keep the playroom the same.

Though id love a conservatory so that could be dining room then we would turn the dining room into a playroom

Majority of caitlyns toys are in a huge toy box in the living room. If we had another room we would have a play room but unfortunately we wont. She has a box of toys in her room which she occassionally plays with on a morning while im getting ready xx

we have a large cuboard under the stairs in are living room all his toys go in there and he brings them into the living room to play with them its good because when he goes to bed there neatly away for me to relax.

Ruby has quite a big nursery so most things will go there. Hubby thinks I should turn my dressing room into a play room :( I dont want to, I love it and its my little room...Do you think that's selfish?

I'm currently turning my "conservatory" - its more like a huge extension lol .. into a play room, ripped up the old carpet, and brought the paint, just gotta lay the new carpet lol :) and he will have a play room . its handy cos it has big french doors that open out into the living room and the kitchen (its the whole width of the house) so i can see him from either room :) can't wait to actually have it up nd running tho, been "getting around to it" for over year :/ x

Should add : that at the moment he has pretty much took over the living room with his toys ! so i suppose that is the playroom atm! x

We also have a play room that in the process of being finished its a room built into the garage. Its very large and roomy and perfect, she still have toys in her room but the boat load will be in her playroom. She very young so we are not in a big rush to finish at the moment, might take the summer to get the walls carpeting done...

We have dogs so she needs a safe clean area to play with out inhaling dog fur and risk dogs stealing her toys all the time, lol. Dog free baby only area!

Amelie has taken over the lounge but I have quite a long lounge so all her stuff is at the back of the room, she has her own little corner (with exception of her zebra and ballpit). Her bedroom only gets used for sleeping and clothes storage.

https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/aryandeity/P1030448.jpghttps://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/aryandeity/P1030449.jpg

Its like that, theres a huge wicker toy box between the sofa and window too full of toys and i swap them about every few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->