Bedtime for 6 months+'ers

nikky0907

Reaction score
What time does your LO go to sleep?

When she was younger Lola's went 11 pm, now she's 7 months old and still goes at 10.30!

She has just one nap during the day thats around 3 pm (about 1 hour) and somehow doesn't get tired until after 10 pm.

Word of advice?

xxx

Hiya, Rihanna goes to bed between 7-730pm, although tonight was sparko by 630 so gives me no choice than to put her to bed. I would say since being 5mth old she went around 8/9pm, then 6mth 7/8pm and getting earlier lol... she is up between 6/7am. What time does Lola wake on a morning hun? xxx

See, thats what I thought....that the older they get the earlier their bedtime is. But not for her.

She wakes up at 7 am every morning, sleeps through the night. So thats obviously little sleep for a 6 months old baby, very little. But she's just not tired, not cranky, fussy, anything. I don't get her at all! :confused:

Hi Ya. Toby goes to bed around 6 on a normal day and usually around 6.30 - 7 when im working as I get home later then. He will usually wake up around 7am sometimes later. He has never been one for staying up late he cant handle it!! He gets mr grumpy when he is tired. xx

Fin goes at about 7.00 ish. He just kind of found his own time. He never goes later than half eight though. Xx

I don't know what to suggest hun. Maybe she is just full of energy :) Does fresh air make her tired.. So if she's been out walking for a few hours?? Rihanna is in bed so early tonight cos we have been out walking today. She will be up at half 5 though no doubt, full of joy, she naps then from 930-1030am, then awake till about 1400, then naps for about 45mins then awake till bed time. xx

Tyler goes to bed about 7-8 and sleeps through till 6-8am , prehaps try putting her down awake in her room with the lights off abit earlier?? xx

both go to bed for roughly 7pm although lucas has his night feeds etc lilly tends to (not always) sleep through to 7am

Helena goes between 7:30 and 8:30 but she still wakes up twice in the night. Once at 11:30 and once at 2:30 and then up for good around 7.

maybe you could sneak it forward by 15mins or so every night to try and get her used to an eariler bed time? Some babies do need less sleep but it would be nice and I think reasonable for you to expect her to go down at least a couple of hrs eariler :hugs:

ffion goes to bed between 6.30 and 7, closer to 7 most nights though.. any later and she turns into demon child

Donna - nope, fresh air makes her even more energetic! :dohh:

And I have tried once before to put her down at 8, did the whole bedtime routine and everything and it was mayham :lol:
She wouldn't fall alsleep, then she finally did around 9, woke up 4 times during the night wanting to play!

I guess I could try it gradually like you said Bethany, moving it up 15 minutes at the time?

It's not that she's cranky or crying but I'm worried that she's not getting enough sleep.:(

logan goes bed between 7 and 8, he has bath then i take him straight to his room, which only has a small night light on so its quite dark, i get him dressed then turn the night light off n put his lulaby pooh bear on , which is in his cot, theen sit on floor with him having cuddles while he drinks his bedtime bottle, then i wind him so he doesnt get uncomfortable full of wind in night then its straight into bed i reset lulaby pooh , give him blankets and his snuggle then kiss n walk out, most of the time this sends hi off to sleep with 55 mins, sometimes hel cry cus hes more awakee then tired but i leave him to cry for 10-15 mins then go bk up give him kiss and dummy( was trying to get rid of dummy but no such luck haha)then walk back out then he falls straight to sleep, have u tried wind dwn time? xx

Jay is usually asleep by 7:30. I still feed him at around 10:30 and then most nights he sleeps through till 7ish. He is an absolute grizzlebot if he doesn't get enough sleep so he set his own bedtime :D

xx

Jasmine goes to bed at 7:00... Most babies and toddlers I know do.. Obviously they are all different qnd some dont need as much sleep... but 10pm is late, 8 is not unreasonable at all... but I think if you started moving back her bedtime she may surprise you with how alright she is. I was skeptical every time I moved Jasmine bedtime back too, I thought for sure she would wake up way earlier, but she doesnt...

It will also get easier once she is running around and crawling more etc. Im sure she will go down earlier for you then.

Hebe went between 10 and 11pm until about 2 weeks ago. She just naturally seemed to be ready a bit earlier and her naps during the day settled at two 45min ones. So now it's 8.30pm and she wakes 6.30 - 7.30am. I didnt do it consciously but if I had, I would have gone for creeping it back by 15mins a night. :)

Aaron goes to be about 7-8 and wakes up at 6:30 every morning. I wish i could Get to sleep to 7 lol.

wow nikky0907 she is full of energy

Hey Amy!

Tristan goes down around 7.30pm.

I am not sure what to advise - Tristan does have a routine that we try to stick to: he has his weaned meal at around 6.00pm, then a bit of a play, then a bath and then a bit of milk and then into his bed. It seems to work, but I am not sure if it was just chance or not.

Good luck!

xxx

Ellie goes to bed 7.30/8. Shes got lots of energy!! Id try the earlier by 15 mins thing see if that helps :)

jaymee use to go down at 10-11 most nights and get up about 10am, over time we gradually put her down earlier by about 30mins a week also getting her up a little earlier, now she goes down about 7.30 untill about 8-9 am, also find that she goes down better of she has an afternoon nap. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"