Bedtime help

S

sparkswillfly

We have started to get into a routine with everything other than bedtime. She naps at the same time every day. Up at 9.30, nap at 12ish and nap at 3/4ish. Bedtime is ridiculous... she doesnt have a bedtime. Sometimes she will go to sleep at 10pm, sometimes she will be awake till 2am! Normally its about midnight.

Im really jealous when reading of babies the same age going to bed at 8.30pm. What am I doing wrong? I do bathtime at 9pm and then no playing after 9pm. :shrug:

I get jealous of others babies to mine never bloody sleeps :hissy:

I have no advice just :hug: im in same boat x

ur not doing anything wrong! up to 6 months zane wasnt in any kind of routine he hated them all so i just waited till he made his own routine which suited him best and it was great! untill teething now his rountine is down the pan lol

just stick at it and if she starts to make a routine u like then start helping her do what she did every night and she will settle. there are babies who have bedtime routines at the same age but not all, ur doing nothing wrong every baby is different

I guess Im just going to have to ride it out. OH got up with her at 6.30am yesterday didnt make a difference she was still wide awake all night. Im going to put her in her big girl cot from Monday maybe that will make a difference.

elinor is up about 7am.... naps 10-11am.... has an afternoon nap 2-3pm and then is in bed for 7pm sleeping.

She is still only weeny hun, and it seems she's starting to find her own daytime routine so i dont think the bedtime one will be far behind.

Perhaps start bringing bathime foward a little bit gradually?

you might not agree but when zane was younger and wouldnt sleep i had him in bed with me and he grew out of wanting to be with me very easly and is now in his big boy cot.

She sleeps with me at the moment. I tried to take her to bed with me early the other night she just laid there grunting! If she doesnt want to be somewhere she grunts... its lovely.

oh right! zane would sleep for ages being hugged by me in bed. maybe she will be better in her cot then u just have to try everything shes only little u will get there

logans only just started getting in a proper routine now , i just went by him n now hes set him self one , we still get the odd bad days and nights like this morn up at 4, crying, teething again i think. and hes only just started going bed at bout 7.30 he use to go bout 10pm , sometimes later. i did try setting routines for him but they never worked he nev er liked em, so leaving him to set his own worked best for us, n now he sleeps great at night to. we put logan in his cot a few days after he was born as he hated his moses basket, (he hates small spaces) and he slept great in his cot. so could be worth a try. xx

I had to do this with Claire.

When I wanted her to go to sleep, we'd swaddle her and then walk with her in the dark. I had read somewhere that when babies don't have anything to do, or to stimulate them they'll sleep. It worked for us, but then again it might have just been Claire's personality. It only took a few days of that before she really started accepting 8:30-9pm as her bedtime. Although I'd always do this right after feeding her, so she was always a little 'milk drunk' to begin with. (Sleepy from eating).

I used to swaddle tyler and put him down in his moses basket awake, he would eventually fall asleep, prehaps try that hun?? xx

At her age Jasmine still went to bed around 9:30. I always made sue bathtime was earlier and then snuggled on the couch with everything quiet etc...

I gradually moved back bedtime until she started going to bed at 7:00.

Usually she has a bedtime bath, bottle, pjs, I make sure the room is dark with no sounds and when she was that little I wouls swaddle her and put her down.

Also her Ocean Wonders would make her sleepy, she'd be down in minutes.

She falls asleep pretty easily however it's still quite late. Back when she was younger she'd fall asleep at around 11 pm, now it's 10.30..

I think Im going wrong by trying to get her to sleep in the living room with the TV on and us talking. I think Ill try taking her in the bedroom every night after a feed.

^Maybe she's used to falling asleep with the television on? I know my son, he went to sleep on a *schedule* at 8 weeks. He started going down to sleep around 7:30-8:00 everynight and waking up at 6:30 the following morning-granted he will be 2 in a few days and he still wakes up here and there at night.

Jasmine has always fallen asleep with the tv on... I just make sure it isnt blarring. Sometimes she wakes up so I just take ehr to her bed then and she falls asleep no prob.

When its bedtime i turn the living room lights off and turn the tv down to pretty much zero, Brooke then knows its time for a cuddle and then bed.

I try to keep Alfie awake from 5.30ish and deffo no naps after 6.30.

We do bottle at 6pmish then some solids at about 7.30pm, bath at 8pm and final top up bottle at 8.30pm. He falls asleep within minutes in his bouncer downstairs with us and I just rock him if he stirs. Then he has a dream feed at 11.30 and goes into his cot. Then he normally wakes at around 5am for food and then he is awake for the day between 8 and 8.30am.

I find cramming the 2 and a half to 3 hours before you want them to go to bed full of activity time really helps. Alfie gets so tired and he goes off so easily then. We are lucky that he loves bath time tho, so when he starts getting cranky at around 8pm he goes in the bath and that calms him down ready for bed.

We have only had this routine established for around 5 weeks tho, so since he was around 10 weeks old and it has only been for the past 2 weeks that he has been sleeping from 11.30 till 5ish, before that he would wake every 2 hours through the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"