been at A&E to get checked out for possible blood clot

wildflower79

Reaction score
I visited my GP earlier because at times this last week I've been feeling a little tight chested and short of breath. He ran the blood test that looks for levels that could indicate a blood clot and it came back slightly raised, so he called to tell me to go to A&E.

Because it's Fri eve they couldn't do any scan, but they've started me on injections. Clexane I think it is. It's looking like I'll have to wait for Mon for an ultrasound scan. I have to go back for twice daily injections till then.

My ecg and oxygen levels came back fine. Pulse was a bit fast, but this was probably due to feeling really panicky. I haven't got any pain anywhere. Dr said the blood test levels are always raised in somebody that's pregnant, so she doesn't know why my GP ran that test. She said in her opinion she didn't think a blood clot seemed likely, but obviously can't say 100%. I've also come down with another cold/virus (keep getting them the last few weeks), so hoping the feeling out of breath is just related to that.

I'm back home now, but still feeling pretty scared! I hope all these stress and medication isn't having any bad effects on baby. Anybody been in a similar situation?

Thanks ladies. Got the injections to do at home now, so don't have to keep waiting at a&e to get them.

Just want Monday to come now so I can get a scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->