Been for our anxiously awaited 34+5 growth scan today

Fabby

mummy to my amazing boy x
Reaction score
We had a growth scan at 30+2 and our litle dude was weighing 4lb 5oz and above the 90th centile, so the obviously wanted to follow this up. So today we have been for the scan and is weighing 6lb 9oz! He is still above the 90th centile. My blood pressure was high on two out of the three readings and had trace of protein in my waters, so have got to have it checked out friday again by my MW. I am wondering though that maybe my blood pressure was high because i was so anxious about the appointment. My BP as been fine everytime its been checked whilst pregnant but i have had traces of protein, in i think, all of my water tests - i have had 5/6 water infections throughout too!
Now, they have booked me back in for 3 weeks time when i am 2 days short of 38 weeks for another growth scan and the consultant mentioned about giving me a sweep that day and booking me in for an induction at 40+1 weeks if the sweep doesnt work. This also depends on this other growth scan, so if he is still growing at the rte he is then this is their plan. If any different, then they will re-look at th situation and go from there. Obviously my cervix needs to be ripe doesnt it for any chance of the sweep working? So all in all, kind of still in limbo but i am so pleased they havent just shrugged me off and that they are still going to monitor me. He is still head down but not engaged yet. He has been head down for at least 3 weeks now so hopefully he will start to engage soon! xx

As you said it's good that there keeping and eye on you. You never know your cervix might be doing things! I had a sweep at 38w5d I think last time and I was already 1-2cm, I didnt need my induction that was booked for my due date!

As you said it's good that there keeping and eye on you. You never know your cervix might be doing things! I had a sweep at 38w5d I think last time and I was already 1-2cm, I didnt need my induction that was booked for my due date!

ah that is fab to know! Thanks for sharing that with me! Can you dilate without being engaged?? Or do you need to be engaged for the cervix to dilate? xx

OOOO just looked it up, yes you can dilate without baby been engaged.

Ok, so what are good ways to soften the cervix so that this sweep can be more favourable? xx

I used EPO.
I started with putting 1 'up there' then went up to 2. I did it overnight and you might want to put a pad on too cos it can get abit messy!

try EPO as said above fabby, hope u dont have to wait too long to meet your little man bump buddy! x

I used EPO.
I started with putting 1 'up there' then went up to 2. I did it overnight and you might want to put a pad on too cos it can get abit messy!

When did you start with the EPO? I need to do some reading up on it xx

try EPO as said above fabby, hope u dont have to wait too long to meet your little man bump buddy! x

Thankyou! Yes he is a little chunky monkey the little dude is! Bless him, he must be enjoying his food in there lol xx :cloud9:

You might find you go into labour early anyway if baby is big. I had my second son at 38 weeks (went into labour naturally) and he weighed 10lbs. My labour started with my waters breaking and the doctor who was there at the birth reckoned I had gone into labour as my son was on the large side.

He was like a little elephant, really chubby and gorgeous! I didn't tear or need stitches and I would much prefer another big baby this time.

You might find you go into labour early anyway if baby is big. I had my second son at 38 weeks (went into labour naturally) and he weighed 10lbs. My labour started with my waters breaking and the doctor who was there at the birth reckoned I had gone into labour as my son was on the large side.

He was like a little elephant, really chubby and gorgeous! I didn't tear or need stitches and I would much prefer another big baby this time.

Yeah i have heard you could well go into labour sooner with a big baby. Well, i am just going to be bouncing on my ball and going for some walks to help put pressure on my cervix. I am not going to start taking any oils or anything and just see what happens. It is nice to know that i am not going be going over as such, only a day if need be. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->