Been off the pill for a week

louisagonz

Reaction score
I was on the IUD for the full 5 years and had it removed in March. At that time I had gotten onto the bcp. I was taking it on time each day and never missed. This most recent month of May I missed the 13th and the 15th. I started to bleed for a few days but I kept taking the pill and the bleeding stopped. I am wondering if it could've made me ovulate? Anyway, since then I've had these terrible headaches all day. I can drink coffee or take pain killers and they wont stop. I've also been getting very dizzy to the point where I feel like I might vomit. I have been urinating much more. I also have lower back pain. My breasts hardly fit into my bras anymore and are very tender to touch.
After talking about the possibility of pregnancy my husband and I decided to start ttc. I have been off of the bcp since last week on the 20th. When I got off of the pill I had a withdrawal bleed from 5/23/15-5/25/15. I always get my period at the end of the month. Since I had my withdrawal bleed this month, should I still be expecting my period to be at the end of the month?

Also, what are my chances of already being pregnant from missing a few pills earlier in the month?
Any advice would be great. I want to take a test soon but I feel like it might be too early since I wouldn't have even gotten my period yet if I hadn't stopped the pill.

Personally I would wait until you've had at least one normal period and cycle so that you won't be confused with dates. Invest in OPKs so that you know when you ovulate. If you think you may be pregnant right now I would test, as if you've got enough of the hormone to show symptoms, that generally means it should be enough to show up on a test. GL :)

I posted to u on the other thread you put up about this.

Hey! I would say (keep in mind I am not a gyn) that if you missed the 13thish pills and then had a withdrawal bleed on the 23rd then I would lean towards not pregnant versus pregnant. I couldn't definitely say that, but take a test? When in doubt, American Pregnancy Assoc. says 19 days after the day of sex will yield an accurate result.

As for the period, that withdrawal bleed should be counted as your period. If you ever go back on bcp, try not to stop mid pack. It does make things confusing. Your period comes after ovulation and the pills should suppress ovulation. So once off the pill, your body will need to regulate itself and doing its thing to O and that will take more than 3 days. Coming off the pill, your period can came earlier than usual or later than usual or right on time. There isn't a formula for when you will ovulate after stopping. I noticed that as I aged, my body was slower to bounce back from getting off bcp which is why I stopped using any form of hormonal birth control for a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->