Been prescribed Alli Weight Loss Pills

bigbloomerz

Reaction score
Or Orlistat as they are called on the box, I apparently have the ones stronger than the ones over the counter. Has anyone else had any experience with these?

You have to stick to 5g of fat or less per 100g of food, no more than 15g of fat per meal and no more than 45g of fat per day or you will have nasty accident :haha:

I've not tried them before but was going to, my doc wont prescribe them but I am doing fine on my own. Good luck hun x

Thanks Paula, Have no idea how im going to do that, I hate measuring fat and calories! lol x

I tried the Alli ones and lost 3lbs in my first week - did more on WW the following week!
Obv there more stronger!

yep if ur bmi is 40 it needs to reduce asap ..... diet and orlistat should work well. Orlistat stops u absorbing some fat so it wont work unless your diet is healthy.... good luck x

yep if ur bmi is 40 it needs to reduce asap ..... diet and orlistat should work well. Orlistat stops u absorbing some fat so it wont work unless your diet is healthy.... good luck x

Thank you firstprincess for a "helpful" comment :) xx

Never tried weightloss pills so can't give any advice but wanted to wish you luck!! I think paired with a healthy diet and good exercise you'll see some great results!! :flower:

How you getting on hun? I took orlistat for a while whilst needing to lose weight for our fertility treatment. They def helped. You still need to diet and exercise but they just boost the weightloss.

Anyone who thinks its an easy way out has obviously not been on them. I took them along side my metformin (to help with insulin levels that were preventing me from losing weight on my own). Make sure you stick to low fat foods (and spicy foods for me) as the fat breakdown can cause some unpleasant side effects (leaky bum!!!!). I didn't have anything like this but it did make my stools looser and when i needed to go, i needed to go lol!!

It only makes you have loose stools if you eat the wrong things, each food has to be 5% fat per 100g or under.

No matter what i ate it did it to me :D

Heya Ladies, thanks so much for asking how im getting on, tbh I havent started them, We have had the week from hell so dieting has been last thing on my mind and Bottle of Rose and and a Kebab have! lol.
We are in process of moving house, which is one of THE most stressful things to do, it has all gone tits up and now we have to be out by the end of March but have nowhere to go! :(

Will try and get back on track this week, I am NOT going to put back on the 6lbs ive lost since January!

Ive planned my meals out this week and dont think any of them contain high amounts of fat, apart from The Venison Burgers (my once a week treat :)

Thanks for thinking of me xxx

I'm taking Orlistat just now and they really do work. I haven't noticed the weight loss yet but then again I'm not trying very hard. Basically Orlistat blocks the fat from being absorbed by your body. You will have stomach cramps and you will probably need to run to the loo really really quickly or else have an accident. These things can be pretty viscious after chocolate or cakes etc!! Beware for orange greasy diarrhoea. Sorry TMI!!! Just thought I'd try and give you full info! Good luck with your weight loss!!

I'm taking Orlistat just now and they really do work. I haven't noticed the weight loss yet but then again I'm not trying very hard. Basically Orlistat blocks the fat from being absorbed by your body. You will have stomach cramps and you will probably need to run to the loo really really quickly or else have an accident. These things can be pretty viscious after chocolate or cakes etc!! Beware for orange greasy diarrhoea. Sorry TMI!!! Just thought I'd try and give you full info! Good luck with your weight loss!!

Thank You! :) I dont eat chocolate or cakes much, im more of a savoury than sweet kinda girl. Plus im allergic and intollerant to most "nice" things lol.
Good Luck with your Weight Loss.

My GP advised that I take one a day with my main meal, yet on the box it says 3 times a day, so im not sure which one to do??xx

It depends how intense you want the results to be. I take one tablet 3 times a day, about 20 minutes before I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Not sure why your doctor told you only to take 1 a day. Maybe he wants you to take things slowly and only reduce fat from your main meal?

Thats what I thought, but ive just had my breakfast so im wondering wether to start now.....
Im scared of the runny poos lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->