• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Been put on bedrest :(

BabeeAngel

Mummy to Aubrey & Isabel
Reaction score
I went to my weekly appointment on Wednesday, and told him about the swelling i'd been experiencing, and he said it was fluid... he tested my blood pressure and it was very high for me. he told me to immediatly stop working (I still had 2 1/2 weeks to go), and to rest 24/7 with my feet up. I had also gained 8lbs in a week! So i went for an emergency Ultrasound on Thursday, got to see bubs again, which was good, and he/she is measuring well, and seems to be healthy. So i have to go into the mat ward on monday for a non stress test...
Dr. also told me that i probably won't make it to 40 weeks, he's thinking less than 38...
anyone else experience this?

Hi

I havent experienced this but it sounds good that your doctor is looking after you.

My husband's cousin had very severe pre-eclampsia and her wee one had to be born at 29 weeks. She is a cracking 2 year old now. Obviously it is best to be able to hold on to 38weeks plus but babies do so well when born earlier now.

Hope that your blood pressure starts to come down with the bed rest
Lesley
x

Aww.. I'm sorry you're not feeling well hun. At least your docs caught it and you can rest up now!

That must be quite a shock, suddenly being told to do absolutely nothing except lie-down! I'm glad they're noticing and taking you seriously, though - that's good news. Best of luck - hope your BP comes down and you feel more comfortable soon (and that you've got some people around you to help at home etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"