Been to hosp with lack of movement

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Cara x, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Cara x

Cara x Well-Known Member

Hi girls,
    Well yesterday I got rather upset in work as I had hardly felt the baby move in 2 days. The baby usually goes crazy, backflips etc when I've just eaten, but the last 2 days, nothing. I had only felt a few flutters over 2 days, they were so slight I wasn't even sure they were the baby. Up until then the baby had been kicking really strong, the kicks were visible from the outside, and it had been really regular throughout the day, I knew the pattern. So anyway I kept a note over 10 hours to check I wasn't going crazy, and sure enough I was nowhere near the 10times in 10hours guide. It wasn't so much the lack of movement that was worrying me, it was the sudden change.
    So I phoned the hosp and also mentioned about feeling as if my waters had been leaking over the last couple of weeks. They asked about contractions and I told them I had been getting a few Braxton Hicks but they weren't regular or anything. So they asked me to come in.
    I went in and, as they have no scanning facilities at the weekend, they could only listen to babys heartbeat, check my waters weren't broken, and do a few swabs and a urine sample. As far as they could see everything was fine. I felt a bit reassured but not hugely and was sent home.
    I still didn't feel anything all last night, and when I finally managed to make out their chicken scrawl on my notes I realised they had wrote "Feels reassured and has felt some FM" They didn't even ask me if I had felt anything while at the hosp never mind me saying I did! I didn't and I still haven't! I was annoyed that I didn't get an explanation for the lack of movement but I'm much more annoyed that they blantanly lied on my notes!

Anyway girls I still haven't felt any strong kicks, even after 3 or 4 meals, one of which was very spicy, plus sweet things. I thought I felt some flutters at dinner but they were ridiculously low, like below my pelvis. Any words of advice?

2. ShellysBelly

ShellysBelly Well-Known Member

I'd ring them in the morning and tell them about your notes and what was written. Tell them you haven't felt FM in days now and demand a scan.

3. Bam

Bam 3rd Trimester - #1

I've been the same way the last couple days. Went from HARD kicks that nearly hurt to barely flutters. It seems she's moved back a bit so we're thinking that's why I'm not feeling her as much but hubby can feel her and hear her, so we figure she must be ok.

Although, that is pretty crappy about them lying on your paperwork. I hate it when doctors do that. I'd go back in a day or so if movement still hasn't picked up. Maybe they can actually get you in for a scan.

4. KaeRit21

KaeRit21 Guest

is it possible babys just moved back, or turned round so kicks and things are other way??

if your still not really feeling anything hun and your still as stressed, call them first thing and demand furthur investigations. thats part of their job...to calm and reassusre you..and to do best for you and bump. and get them told about your notes!!!

im sure everythings ok sweetheart, big hugs xxx

xxxx

5. Hollys_Twinny

Hollys_Twinny Well-Known Member

I agree Hun maybe bubs bk is facing your tummy! Try not to worry too much! A gd heartbeat means lo is doing fine :)

6. It sounds as though the baby has moved back and that's why you're only feeling flutters and not full kicks. Perhaps the hospital simply meant that you felt reassured by them and that you had felt SOME fetal movement in the past few days, as opposed to nothing at all. Not that you felt reassured as you'd felt something. It comes down to grammar in the end, really. Easy mistake to make if they didn't place a comma between the two.

Anyway, before 28 weeks it's not really recommended to monitor fetal movement. Some people don't even feel things at all until 26 weeks. Try to relax and the baby will come back to the surface again in no time. If you're really concerned, try drinking something very, very cold. As cold as you can stand. That might make the baby move. xxx

7. BBonBoard

BBonBoard Proud Mommy of 2 girls

Hope your LO starts being more active for you very soon.

8. Perdita

Perdita waiting and wondering

That's ridiculous - where abouts are you that they couldn't give you a scan at the weekend?? Phone your midwife in the morning and phone the hospital and they should book you in for an emergency scan, get the answer and hopefully some reassurance then address the matter of the notes! Though the notes thing is odd, I would mention it and ask why it was written and make a fuss if you're not happy with the answer but ask first - might have been a misunderstanding or confusion, it does happen! Good luck and hope your bladder is feeling kicked to bits again soon!!!

9. MrsSixx

MrsSixx Yummy Mummy

Try eating some crushed ice and then lie on your left side for a bit - it works every time for me.

My baby was hiding for most of last week (I think she was facing my back as others have said) but she sprung back into action last night :thumbup:

10. ellie

ellie Mum to Kalden

HI, I had this same thing happen last week and went in. although they were very nice they all said that it was too early (I was 26 weeks then) to be worrying about regular movement basically! they did scan me as it was a weekday and i could see there was a bit of movement (not much) but towards my back and bladder, I could see it but not feel it. anyway later on i could feel it again, and again this week there's been a few quieter days. I was told that at this stage baby is still very small with loads of room to move around so we won't feel everything.
    Hope that helps?
    It's pretty crap that they lied on your notes though. Can you bring that up next time you see your MW?

11. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

Your baby prob just has it's back to your tummy and is kicking the hell out of your bowels (which you can't feel). My baby does this all the time, I won't feel anything for days and then all of a sudden I feel this big movement (as if he is twisting) and then I feel kicks again.

12. puppycat

puppycat Mum & PAL

Hey honey, how pants that they didn't reassure you with a scan or something.

Someone has already said it but a nice big cold glass of water or milkshake etc and a quite half hour sit down will make bubs kick you like mad!!

I always do that when I'm feeling a bit evil mwhahahaha

13. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

With my first, my placenta was on my back wall, you would not believe how much that stops you from the feeling the baby, when they have there back to your stomach! I'd only feel amber when she was lying with her back to my sides, so feet & hands were poking at the side. Probably way your baby is lying.

I actually much prefer having my placenta at front of my stomach wall this time, baby tends to lie facing my back, because my placenta aint there this time, i can feel alot, all the time. When shes turned facing the front, unless its good whack i wont feel a thing.

14. Cara x

Cara x Well-Known Member

Thank you all you've helped a lot :)
    I will try to cold thing and try to get some action out of him/her!
    Felt one kick from the outside last night, couldn't feel it on the inside, only felt my hand jump from my belly! Nothing since, but at least its something!
    Need to see midwife this week to get MATB1 etc anyway so will mention it to her.
    Thanks again ladies x

15. lottie_2007

lottie_2007 Mummy of 3!!

My baby is very quiet (lazy!) but yesterday in the bath i was pooring warm water over my tummy and baby was going mad! It was really funny! Maybe give it a try!
    I'm sure that if they were concerned at hosipital they would have said, if hb was ok etc then i'm sure baby is, doesn't stop us worrying though hey? xx

16. Kittee

Kittee Pregnant with #2!

I have this happen off and on. Some days she's so active and then there are stretches of days where I hardly feel anything at all. As other said, it's most likely due to position etc.

Try not to worry. *hugs*