Been to see the Doctor...

Donna79x

Mummy to Rihanna Paige x
Reaction score
... and he told me to lose weight!!!! and they wont check about infertility until i have been trying for 2 whole years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am devastated...

Wow that is pretty bad!
I thought it was only a year you needed to wait, i got seen at 11 months.

Thats terrible - do doctors have no compassion on how badly women feel the need to be a mother.

I was told the exact same thing when i was trying for my first baby - they diagonosed PCOS which is basically a vicious circle - amongst other symptons you become overweight because you have the condition but because you are they condition worsens.

Me too..... I just cant believe it!!!! I am way on a downer as it is and cant stop crying !!!

My best friend and my OH bro's GF is pregnant - found out about both this week. Going to be surrounded and I cant have no help and have to starve!!!

Wish I could give up but I want a baby so much and so does Jason... I feel like a right let down.

What are the symptoms of PCOS and how do you know you have it....

My best friend was told she had that 1 year ago and now she is 9 weeks pregnant and not planned!!! Cant remember how she found out she had it though.....mmmm????

There are a lot of symptons, but depending on the severity depends on how many you get.

From personal experience my periods were always pretty scanty and as time went on (and the severity of my PCOS) i was only having periods 2/3 times a year.

I also started to put on weight in my early 20's for no real apparent reason. I wasnt a big eater but the condition sometimes grabs at any fats / sugars that are around and holds on tight to them hence making you put on weight. I also started to get facial hair which totally freaked me out - its common to get it on your back, neck, arms too which i didnt have. I ended up having electrolis which cost me a fortune.

Like i have said this is only my own personal symptons. THere are many - look it up on google.

I was only diagnosed when after about a year of trying and went to the fertility clinic although i had read about it previously and did have my suspicions. My consultant done an internal scan and looked at my ovaries and it was as clear as day that i had it severely - my ovaries were like a couple of golf balls - massively pitted. Fortunately for me and year or so later i had surgery where the consultant blasted my ovaries so that i could fall pregnant. Apparently you carry the condition with you through out your menstral years and as time goes by the condition worsens. Many women are not even aware they have it at all. Hope this helps.

(((cuggles))) to you honey, i am so sorry they have been so horrible...i would ask for a second opinion on the timescales though...i am 1 year if we have trouble but they have asked me to chart incase i need help, so they have something to look at for me through that year. also i have no clue of my cycle so it will help with that too...
bxox

I hate it when they say 'loose weight' - How about helping you find if there is a problem & helping you acheive loosing some weight than showing you the door! Thats outragous I would consider moving quacks!

*Hugs* x

I'd ask for a 2nd opinion too Hun?? My af didn't return for 5mths after the mini-pill & my Doc did bloods when I went to see him. He did say though that he wouldn't refer me until I'd been ttc for 18mths as I have a wee girl, but if I hadn't he'd refer me after 11-12mths. That seems to be normal in a lot of areas so I'd try someone else. Also, you could say that you HAVE lost weight & still are so that they think you're taking all their 'advice' yet nothingd happening? It's hard when everyone around you seems to be pg...

(p.s. I'm no skinny minny- I'm 12 1/2 stone! -Don't tell anyone! LOL!) :shy:

Nor am I but I've said it to them & I will always stand by "I like my weight don't screw with me" :evil:

OMG!!! Can't you change GP hun?

I think it depends on the GP as to when they will do tests? Sounds like he didnt want the paper work if you ask me! [-(

Have you tested yet babe? xx

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"