Been told not to bother temping!

I can see both perspectives. I agree that temping for a few months can ensure that you are ovulating and can tell you a lot about your cycle and your LP length. This makes it easier to pin point in the next month when you will ovulate and when your fertile window is. However, I have to agree 100% with what a few ladies on here said about stressing out. I had a friend that tried and tried to get pregnant for over a year and the first month that she didn't temp, use opks, or track, she got pregnant. Stress can really through our bodies out of whack! I know that's a lot easier said than done. I had a MC in May and we are TTC and this cycle I am trying not to track anything and just let it happen. I had difficulty with this in the beginning, but I am getting better now!

I thought about this thread a lot over the weekend, and since I made the decision to be more relaxed this cycle (because timing most likely won't work out anyway due to the OH being out of town) I decided to stop temping.

I always thought not temping would send me into a panic and cause me to be more stressed, but I'm actually more relaxed than ever before. I'm pretty regular, ovulating either CD12 or CD13 lately, so I'm going off just my CP alone this cycle.

Not sure if I will start temping again next cycle (if this really isn't our lucky cycle). I rather enjoy not worrying about getting up at 6AM on the weekends to take my temperature. Once I'm up, I'm up. And I've been so tired lately it was so nice to sleep in a little over the weekend.

So as I decided I'm not temping this cycle after 2 years of doing it and I can't tell you how relaxed I feel - I am 3dpo today.

So as I decided I'm not temping this cycle after 2 years of doing it and I can't tell you how relaxed I feel - I am 3dpo today.

I totally agree...this cycle was a bust, just started AF today. But I don't even want to temp this next cycle. Though I did worry a little that I had my O day wrong, not temping every morning was SO NICE!

I totally agree...this cycle was a bust, just started AF today. But I don't even want to temp this next cycle. Though I did worry a little that I had my O day wrong, not temping every morning was SO NICE!

It sure is nice not having to wake up! But I thought I'd worry more if I didn't temp but I am not at all stressed this time. Normally I analyze and over analyze my temps. Can't do that this time! It's working out great for me so far, but I did use OPKs to know when I O'd - I am pretty sure about my O date but could be on CD13 instead of 12 but that's fine.

It sure is nice not having to wake up! But I thought I'd worry more if I didn't temp but I am not at all stressed this time. Normally I analyze and over analyze my temps. Can't do that this time! It's working out great for me so far, but I did use OPKs to know when I O'd - I am pretty sure about my O date but could be on CD13 instead of 12 but that's fine.

Totally agree. I would over-analyze my temps too....I didn't do OPK's last cycle, but I picked up some for this cycle.

Yesssss! So happy I quit temping this cycle. Was good because hubby was more on board this cyle then ever before too.

Im currently 4dpo. You should come check out my journal.. Would love to keep in touch and see if ditching the thermometer worked for us this cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->