Been TTC 16 months and been to see GP today

saralee.

Reaction score
Hello, im new to this site but not to TTC, me and dh (27 & 29) have been TTC for 16 months.

Today we went to see our GP for the 2nd time (1st time was at 12 months TTC and we were fobbed off)

I'm currently on CD5, ive been told to go for bloods taken on CD21 & CD3 (of next cycle) dh has to have a sperm analysis done and im being referred for an ultrasound, all routine basic tests im told.

When im on CD21 it is New Years Day :( will it matter if i went and had them done on CD20?

Also my cycles are 32 days and i have been told that i shouldn't have my bloods taken on CD21 it should be CD25 (7dpo)

Can anyone help? im so confused and no idea what to do?? thanks

Sara x

Hello, im new to this site but not to TTC, me and dh (27 & 29) have been TTC for 16 months.

Today we went to see our GP for the 2nd time (1st time was at 12 months TTC and we were fobbed off)

I'm currently on CD5, ive been told to go for bloods taken on CD21 & CD3 (of next cycle) dh has to have a sperm analysis done and im being referred for an ultrasound, all routine basic tests im told.

When im on CD21 it is New Years Day :( will it matter if i went and had them done on CD20?

Also my cycles are 32 days and i have been told that i shouldn't have my bloods taken on CD21 it should be CD25 (7dpo)

Can anyone help? im so confused and no idea what to do?? thanks

Sara x

Me and OH have been TTC for 13months now and i'm also being sent for an ultrasound. The ultrasound is to check for PCO in my case so i guess it is probably the same in your case too. I would think the bloods on CD21 will be to check your progesterone levels to see if they are normal. They want to check mine too but my cycles are so irregular its hard to do.

Hope that helps a little.
Good luck x

Hi Sara,

Welcome to the forum!

CD21 bloods are a bit of a misnomer, in that you're correct, it should be 7DPO bloods, so CD25 for you on a 32 day cycle. As my cycles are so irregular, I was told to make an appointment after my ovulation day was confirmed (either by Clearblue or by taking temps).

Best of luck with the investigations!

hey go bk2 ur gp and ask, it should hav been adapted to ur cycle+ my cd 21 was a sunday so i was told to go on the monday...good luck+ dnt b scared bout goin bk 2gp...as if u hav bloods + results r wrong, u will hav to wait4results + go bk...that cud b another 2months. X x

hi and welcome

i agree with peartree about waiting 14 days after you ov, day 21 is assuming you have a 28 day cycle.

I ahve had this test done twice, first time on CD25 as i couldnt get an appt earlier and today will be CD19 as i cant one tom or sat.

The ist time it came back as 22, which showed i had ov. Tryto get it as close as you can and remember which day you went

good luck!

thank you, i have rang GP today and they said to go on CD25, he said CD21 yesterday because he went off my last cycle which was 27 days but my usual cycle is 32. because of the irregular cycle last cycle, im to go the day after i get a +ve opk to ensure i get the right results. thanks

Sara x

not sure what i was thinking when typing that but im to go 7 days after the +ve opk ... oh how i'd love to blame it on pregnancy brain :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->