Before I go storming off to my midwife and make an idiot of myself . . .

I've heard of it... you have to eat so much of a certain carb/s and then go in X time later to be drawn.

I've heard of it being done3 times, instead of doing the glucose drink.... it's very common for people who can't do the glucose, like people with colon/intestinal issues or who have had gastric bypass and can get ill from the dump of high amounts of glucose at one time.

Good luck!

Actually before storming off and I'm from the U.S. they did use to do those tests for glucose back in 1995-1999 that I know of. That to me is a better test than having you drink 2 1/4 cans of (glucose--like 2 1/4 cans of straight soda) and hoping for the best. I would never drink 2 1/4 cans of reg soda...would make me sick.

So we use to have to eat a certain diet and then just drink a little bottle.

No my boss just told me this morning thats how her test was when she had kids...I mean, it was awhile ago...but same as you described.

Never heard of it either lol I would go and request one of the normal tests lol

I've had something similar, got blood drawn 2 hours after the start of lunch. My glucose results were borderline, the 3 hour first draw (the fasting blood) was a little over the 'norm' but my result at the end was ok. They are just keeping an eye on me to see if my glucose stay within limits if I eat sensibly, nothing strict, basically cut out suger and keep a hold on carbs. I think it's pretty normal here.

phewbies thanks ladies!!!

i agree now i think about it at least with the food test it is probably slightly more realistic than drinking shed loads of sugar!

it is thing like a slice of toast with jam or a joghurt with fruit things like that!

honestly sooooo relieved that some of you have heard of this! xkx

To make it realistic just make sure it is more carbs and sugar than you would ever have for brekkie - then you know for sure!

is the breakfast instead of the sugary drink? i had to go to the hospital for my test

I didnt get asked to do the sugary drink or anything, no fasting either ( and id read thats what people have). I simply went in as usual - had my bloods taken and then they reviewed it 2 weeks later at the next visit with a note stating that id eaten lunch within an hour. I asked about this and they said only if they had reason to beleive it would be positive would I need to do further tests ie sugary drinks ect.

personally I think it depends on where your located as to how they do it?

I read about a different glucose test like this in one of my pregnancy books (The Mother of All Pregnancy Books by Douglas).

Makes sense to me -- you just get to eat a yummy breakfast instead of drinking a nasty drink. You win! :winkwink:

Never heard of this one. I had the 2 hr test done x

I have fasting diabetes tests done every month and i have never heard of this test. I don't get how they can measure your baseline sugar levels if you've already eaten brekkie. But if it works then i'd stick with it .. that drink is manky !!.

ha ha pretty pleased i dont at this stage have to drink that drink, i am not into sugary drinks at the moment, even a sip of oasis can set me back an hour trying not to puke, so not sure i would have been too sucessful at keeping that down!

yeah thats totally what i was going to do, you have to pick 5 things 1/2 a bread roll is 1 thing so 1 1/2 bread roll and 2 choices of fruit i think is best! thats more like what i am actually having in the morning time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->