Before "the announcement"

cowlicks

Reaction score
I'm only 6+4 today, so I'm quite a long way off from "the announcement" yet (most probably after 12w, although for some closer friends maybe after the first scan on 9w), and I'm terrible at lying, so I wonder how you cover up about the pregnancy before you announced?

For example, friends wanting to meet up and go out but you're too tired and have no appetite. And other types of gatherings which you don't know if you can make due to fatigue (for me now, aside from work, I set aside all the time for rest if I can). I hate to lie to people whom I consider friends, and people whom I'm not friendly with won't ask to meet up anyway!

What did you do?

Just tell them work is stressful and taking a lot from you right now. My excuse for not consuming alcohol is that I am on medications for an intestinal infection and alcohol is strongly contra-indicated.

I'm 6+4 too! I've told my parents and my best friend but that's it. What at your personal reasons for not being honest about it, "the fear"? It's totally understandable to want to keep it quiet because I'm in the same place. I'd say something along the lines of you're saving for a mini-break or for Christmas or something and you wont be out much until Sept/Oct when it's all paid off. You could even say you're just saving for the next 6 weeks but you'll be out after that, set yourself a personal challenge or something along those lines. Then you're not telling a lie that feels "wrong" so much and you can come clean after the 12 week scan?

Im at 5 weeks 0 days and found out 1 week ago. This past Saturday I hosted a birthday party for my DH and I got a lot of suspicious inquiries when they saw I was drinking club soda only.

I also used the good ol' "Im on antibiotics right now" excuse.

Here's some other excuses I've seen online:

• It was just easier to drive
  • Im the Designated Driver
  • Still recovering from yesterdays hangover
  • Juice Cleanse
  • Dryathalon
  • Im doing a social experiment to measure how far our generation's concept of fun is defined by booze

:shrug:

As far as not drinking... I found out I was pregnant right before we went on vacation with 10 of our closest friends. It was definitely supposed to be a booze filled non-stop party. Even though they were our really close friends, I had some bleeding and we were going through vanishing twin syndrome at the time, so I didn't want to announce to even the people closest to us until I knew for sure what was going on.

I kept making the trips to the bar/cooler for everyone and would pour myself water or tea in a solo cup so it looked like I was drinking like everyone else. No one even questioned it, and later when I told them all, they couldn't believe they didn't figure it out - lol.

My experience is that everyone is pretty much too wrapped up and involved in their own stuff that they don't notice what's going on with you.

I'm 6w6d today, have 2 children already but it's my now husbands first biological
Child... He's been really naughty and told loads of people! They havent told me but I can tell by their over cautious kindness lol
I told my 13 yr old tonight and it's not gone down well at all!!!! She's moving to her dads lol (iv had to tell her as she has a horse and I'm really hands on, she has a show on Sunday and I can't do as I normally would to help) il wait to tell my youngest who's 7 until after the 12 week scan
H xx

Thanks for your suggestions!
I never used to drink (I could but I don't enjoy drinking so I normally choose not to), so it's not a cause of suspicion if I don't drink.
The trouble with the meetups and gatherings is that if I tell people I can't go because I'm not feeling well (which is not a lie, I am NOT feeling very well), friends immediately get really concerned and ask after my health. And this excuse only works if the gathering is in the nearby future. Say, if it is 2 weeks from now (I don't know how I'll be feeling then, but say if the friends are going out for a seafood buffet then there'll be nothing for me to eat and it's better not to go), then it's odd to say I'll be feeling ill in 2 weeks' time. Of course I could always agree to go first, then just skip it if I'm not feeling well enough that day.

I have actually told a few people, but since some of my friends are in certain social circles, I don't want to just tell one or two friends in that circle (and news spread fast anyway), so I'll probably wait till at least after my 9w scan to tell them, as I have read that if the heartbeat is detected at the early scan and by 10w, the risk of miscarriage would go down a lot.

Honestly I'd just put yourself and what you want ahead of worrying about anyone's feelings or hiding things. Perhaps your friends will notice you skipped out on some social things and they might initially feel put out, but I'm sure as soon as you announced the real reason they'd be totally behind you. From what you say they sound very caring and like good friends to have - just keep yourself as #1 and do what makes you feel the most comfortable.

This should help, click here : https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=07&d=1&y=15

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->