Begining stages of weaning

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
I haven't the foggiest clue what i should be doing or how i should wean my daughter.

I was just wanting to know if this sounded ok to start out with?

Week 1 - predominantly milk
Breakfast - 5, 10 spoons of baby porridge (different flavours)
Dinner time (6pm) 5, 10 spoons of a jar of baby food

Week 2 -Pretty much the same as week 1 but a bit more

Week 3 - Introduce a jar of desert (like passion fruit or apple)

All foods are pures

I have been giving her some baby rice at 6pm ish for a couple of weeks now.

How old is your LO? My sleep addled mind can't do maths well but is she about 4 1/2 months? I can't give you too much advice as I weaned a month later but if you don't get too many replies to this, maybe ask the ladies on the early weaning support and advice thread who should be able to answer all your questions :D

My LO a few days younger than urs. Lat wk (18wks) I started her on 2-5 teaspoons of baby rice after lunch time feed l(7oz hungrier baby formula) then this week started her on same amount of porridge after breakfast feed. HV recommended to give no more these amounts to start wiv as 2 much for their little tummys, its more a case of them getting used 2 new tastes/spoon in their mouth, not filling them up.

All being well i may introduce some purred veg at tea time feed nxt wk/wk after. Then increase teaspoons amount based on her.

HIPP.CO.UK is good gives u a weaning guide..x

Poppy is almost the same age as Elissa ans we have started almost exactly as you have! A tiny bit of baby rice in the evening for a week or so and now she has 3 tbs of porridge mixed with 6 tbs of her formula in the morning with her feed and baby rice mixed with veg puree late afternoon. It seems to be just the right amount for her at the minute.

Good luck xx

We have started today we gave Myles some pureed steamed carrot mixed with some formula, he loved it and ate approx 4 teaspoons then had his bottle, we are going to do the same tomorrow and the next day then introduce another veg - prob parsnip i think :) it is so exciting !! I am avoiding sweet things like baby rice and fruit to start with as my dd and my hubby both have very sweet tooths and I don't want to encourage M to be the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->