Being fitted for crutches this afternoon :-(

M

MummytoSummer

Pointless thread really. Just not looking forward to it.

After seeing my doctor yesterday she sided with my physio but said she wants me on crutches like yesterday!

So I'm going in at 4 today to be fitted for a pair. All because of my stupid spd and PGP. I feel ridiculous, I'm only nearly 27 weeks. How much worse can it get.

Crutches just aren't going to be practical at all. I have a 16 month old daughter and clearly it's not going to be possible to carry her while on crutches if we're out and about and I'm rarely out without her. I've tried telling my gp and physio that I don't see when I'm been going to get the opportunity to use them because of this but they just said they'd rather I use them whenever I possible can than not at all.

People are going to stare at me because I'll look sopathetic and ridiculous.

Has anyone else ever had to use crutches while pregnant for stupid spd?

X

hi hun. i had to have them in my last pregnancy due to spd. it wasn't so bad last time coz i didn't have a toddler to carry about. Im hoping i don't end up needing them this time coz as you said,its just not practical when you have a toddler to look after x

I didnt with my last pg, but I am on crutches yearly due to my extreme klutziness so I feel your pain. Sucky.

I have a 16 month old, got bad spd and crutches, had them from 14 weeks last time and about same time this time. Its annoying and they didnt really help me much to be honest, nor did my physio, although the foot orthotics they made for me to help my pregnant posture did help a bit!

hi i was on crutches last pregnancy at week 12 by week 16 i was in a wheelchair. they induced me at 38 weeks because of it. i have crutches this time but find them impossible to use as i always have little one in buggy. hoping i wont need a wheel chair this time x x

((hugs)) I didn't have crutches last time but I think I was close to needing some help!! I've now started getting the twinges again, will be seeing a physic soon. I really feel for you hun, how can you push a pushchair or hold her hand etc on crutches - not fun days ey!!!!

just popping in from 1st trimester...

yes hun i had them in my first pregnancy around 20 odd weeks due to spd, i didnt have a toddler then though. This time i know im going to be the same cause i can feel my pelvis clicking and grinding already and im only 12 weeks +.. i have a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old step duaghter, it's going to be so hard! You will just have to use them when ur able too (easy to say i know :( ) thats all iv been thinking of " how am i gonna cope with my child and crutches!

all the best hun xx

:hugs: I know how you feel -I had them last preg and have already been told will most likely need them again!!

I had the worst SPD in the world :haha: was bedbound cos of it so frightened of how bad it is going to get again would rather labour twice than have it again :cry:

I'm sorry for all you other ladies suffering with spd, it's no fun at all.

Well I'm now back home with crutches and a support belt. They are so impractical! It is nice to not have to put any weight on my left leg but with the amount I'm actually going to be able to use them I'm not sure what help they'll be!

Thank you to all of you for replying. Just feeling a bit sorry for myself :-(

X

*hugs* i understand why you feel sorry for your self its normal xx i hope your spd/pgsomething cant member what it was now sorry baby brain lol but hope it eases of abit! ive not been on crutches due to spd but my spd is bad but my gp said because its not an injury theres is alot of people ahead of me in the list for phisio as its "just pregnancy related" lol nice of him to say it like that lol

anyway i hope your gets better as i get it must not be easy with your little one xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->