Being induced and baby not engaged

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Faerie, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Faerie

Faerie Proud Mummy

So next week I'm being induced for medical reasons - baby's not engaged yet, anyone know if it's actually going to work?? Really hoping to not have a c-section.

2. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

I think if you had no chance of a vaginal birth they would be taking you straight to section.
    I resume once the contraction start the baby will get themselves into position, whether they like it or not

3. Faerie

Faerie Proud Mummy

Fingers crossed!

4. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

Labour may take a little longer to come but doesnt mean c-section ...Ethan wasnt engaged when they gave me a sweep but he still came out just took him a little longer try not to worry xxx

5. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

I was induced, she wasnt engaged and it was over from stepping into hospital to having her in my arms in 15 hours, so it can happen. Good luck

6. Faerie

Faerie Proud Mummy

Thanks, I've been told Mums with my baby's medical condition have quick labours... clinging to that!

7. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

A week could make all the difference hun and you may well find your baby is engaged by then, once the contractrions get going it will certainly give it more than a helping hand as they pull the baby towards the right place, good luck xxx

8. Faerie

Faerie Proud Mummy

I guess at least the baby is head down, but s/he's been head down for weeks... obviously having too much fun in there to engage!