Being Induced - HELP!! 3 questions!!!

Jai_Jai

Mummy to my Jellies
Reaction score
Hi there! I was offered early induction as I have very severe SPD I am on crutches and can't walk anywhere, I declined as I really wanted a water birth (advised by mw and physio as would be best with pressure with the SPD)......Well I am 9days overdue and being induced this Sat......I am totally fed up as all the ladies I was on ante natal classes with have all had their babies now due before, the same and after me :cry: I feel left behind!!

My thread has 3 elements to it:

1) does anyone else feel fed up and down about being so overdue and if so how are you coping/dealing with it?

2) If you are being induced what are you packing extra in your bag, seeing as the stay could be longer ifykwim?

3) If you have been induced before what was it like? How long did it take?

Thank you :hugs:

I was induced with my 1st and I don't recall taking in much extra - had packs of cards and a puzzle book and such.

If you can (with monitoring and all) try and be as mobile as possible but also, when you can rest, do.

Maybe energy boosting snacks would be good too as it can be a bit slow to begin with and building it up and wanting to meet your babs can make it feel superlong. You'll need the energy at the end though so mobility and chillity would be my top tips.

Good luck...:)

i was induced at 12 days overdue (i also wanted a water birth) as i was dilated my waters were poped at 9.15am contractions started thick and fast and i had zane 4.18pm the same day.

are u dilated at all? i cant give advice on other ways of being induced sorry x

Thanks Moomin - yes I am about 1cm dilated as of Tues - the week before I was 2cm, the mw did say that they could prob pop my waters....were you on a drip of pictocin or was it just the waters being popped that started your labour for you? :hugs:

Thanks Moomin - yes I am about 1cm dilated as of Tues - the week before I was 2cm, the mw did say that they could prob pop my waters....were you on a drip of pictocin or was it just the waters being popped that started your labour for you? :hugs:

all that worked for me was my waters beign poped i didnt need a drip thank god as my contractions started 15 mins later. i was 2cm dilated

seen as ur already dilated as was i, i think ur contractions will start themselves seen as ur bodys already started.

i was shit scared about being induced but its no where near as bad as i thought it wud be.

my waters being poped felt really weird and its hot lol, i cried cuz i didnt no if i was weeing or not haha

i had a drip put in my hand after i had zane due to bleeding but the drip was never used so i got a sore hand for nothing lol

try n stary active for the first bit of ur contractions as wen they get stronger ule be stuck on a monitor n wont be able to move

Thank you so much :hugs: that is so helpful.....I really hope mine goes as well as yours! I am having tightenings a lot today....so I am hoping things will progress for Sat. I am hoping if I don't have to be on a drip cos then I might be able to labour in water FX

Thank you so much :hugs: that is so helpful.....I really hope mine goes as well as yours! I am having tightenings a lot today....so I am hoping things will progress for Sat. I am hoping if I don't have to be on a drip cos then I might be able to labour in water FX

sorry sweetheart if ur induced even if its waters being poped u cant go in water :(

i wanted a watwer birth n even tho i was in slow early labour before i was induced i still wasnt allowed cuz they might need to stick u on a monitor.

when peoples waters r poped it tends to go smoother so dont worry about a drip, they will leave u for around 2 hours and if no contractions by then they will add a drip but i doubt ule go that far with no contractions seen as ur already dilating :)

good luck x

awwwww rubbish :grr: oh well my entire birth plan is out the window then :( at least LO will be here soon!!

Thanks again hun :hugs:

birth plans dont really work out the way u plan i no mine didnt lol

the only thing that went the way i wanted was no epidural lol

even tho u wont have what u planned doesnt mean it wont go well.

also ive found out if u have a water birth there is more chance of tearing so might be good that u dont have one.

just hoping my positions are ok and dont affect SPD too much.....

Yeh I do not want a c-sec or epi so crossing everything and hoping that doesn't happen!!

well id suggest keep standing or go for a walk when contractions first start as they will stick u on a bed with a monitor for awhile and ule be sitting up.

i have terrible sciatica and also my hips pop out of joint so it was a experience lol

I've had 2 inductions at full term. I was contracting by the end of the first days. Both times my hospital got me to a point where they could break my waters then gave me drugs to stop the contractions and then left me to wait a further 3 days till they took me onto the labour ward and got me going again:growlmad:

That won't be happening again this time because I'm ready for them :grr:

i was 10days over due when i went in, i had a tablet that day to bring things on, 6hrs later they put me on monitor and said i was having mild contractions thereore wudnt gimme another :? monday morning on monitor again no contractions.......they gimme another tablet then another 6hr later, tues morning they broke my water tuesday night i was put on drip ad an epidural aswell, but i werent dilating,so wednesday morning i had a c-section , i took extra just incase and glad i did cos all in all we were in a wk !!!
goodluck jai-jai x

:shock: i knew it was long louise but did not realise so long! were u dilated before?? mw told me prob put gel on cervix but might jst pop waters striaght off if still dilated enough to

I was induced due to high blood pressure, at 39+8.

They put a prostaglandin cervical gel in me on the Thursday evening - this was supposed to ripen my cervix and perhaps start contractions. Went back to the hospital Friday morning where they did the same thing but quadrupled the dose. Went back at 3:00 that afternoon, was admitted (still not having contractions) and they broke my water and started me on oxytocin.

I had a painful early labour - didn't progress from the 2cm I was at 3:00 until 9:45 when I took an epidural (still at 2 cm but with horrific back labour in my hips)... once I got the epidural, I progressed quickly to 10 cm within 3 hours. Started pushing at 1:30 and Emma was born at 2:32 a.m.

Hopefully you will have a quick & easy labour since you're overdue. Inductions don't have to be worse than regular labours. :hugs: Good luck!

Thanks for sharing!

I have been told by mw that ppl think inductions are worse because you dont have the 'normal build up of contractions' it just goes bam straight into the hardcore ones! so I feelmuch better :D

hey. i dont think it should be a long process for you anyways as your already dilated.think its 2-3cm you have to be for them to break your waters.so you shouldnt be to long :)
my cervix was still closed when i had the first tablet on the thursday.then the 2nd on friday morning which made the pains slightley stronger.
But by friday night i went into labour myself and my waters broke.

i think being induced is probably better than going into labour yourself anyways.
as if your being induced and you start getting contractions your already in hospital to get some pain relief so your not suffering:D

id say just bring lots of magazines or a book with you as its rather boring sitting in bed all day as they get you on the monitors quite alot.

gd luck anyway hope its goes well.xx

i was very scared about being induced but like xsam has said ur already in hospital from the min ur labour starts so u can have pain relife when ever u want and ur not just told to go home lol and seen as u shud be monitored more closely problems can be picked up and sorted straight away.

but glad to say i didnt have any major complications and i doubt u will.

good luck for tomo if i dont come on before x

Thank you guys :hugs: I really appreciate all your advice and past experiences. It's funny I never thought I would be so overdue that I would have to be induced, and everyone around me thought I would be early.....we had a sweepstake at work and no one will win because no one thought I would go this late :haha: I am not sleeping properly either as I keep dreaming I am in labour :rofl: as I do have BH all the time now; I think I am just hoping sunconciously in my sleep that I will go naturally before tomorrow!!

So my appt is at 3pm.......what will happen?? Do you know? I mean do you think there is a good chance I wil start contracting tomorrow afternoon/early eve? Will OH be able to stay with me or will he has to go home at night? :cry: I am worried about that but if I don't start labour labour until middle of the night I do not want to be alone, and if it does not happen until the morning I do not want Jos to be shattered.....eeek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->