Being Induced

samantha_sarah

Proud Mummy to Ruby Mai
Reaction score
Just thought id put a thread up sharing my experiance of being induced.

I really don't see why people say it is way more painful than natural labour, i know everyones pain threshold is different but im a wimp and i didnt find it that bad atall.

They increase the drip each half hour so the contractions gradually get stronger but they can also turn the drip down if the contractions are causing extreme pain.

I was induced as i my waters broke at 36 weeks. My cervix was closed and thick but i had Ruby in 3hrs 31 mins.

The only bit i found to be annoying was being hooked up to a drip and monitor but then again they still allowed me to lean on chairs, birthing ball etc.

Just wanted to let you girls know my experiance and know that not all inductions are awful :lol:

:hug:

Thanks for this huns :hugs: I am going in to be induced on Monday and didnt know what to expect at all so its good to know you had an ok experience :)

Glad you had a good experience :)
I was induced with DS#2 and it was very painful for me and took 16 hours!
I think that is why I am scared of being induced this time around.

Im glad you started this thread hun :) Im so glad it went well for you and its encouraging incase i need to be induced :hug::hug::hug:

Thanks

thanks for that. I was induced due to hind waters breaking,at 38 weeks, cervix closed, baby not wanting to shift etc....

I had only one pessary and that was it, in active labour for 6 hours, just gas and air, didnt use it mind just bit the mouth piece.

Induced labour is very much like natural labour- different for everyone, and nothing to be fearful of. (no more than any other labour anyway!)

I guess its hard for anyone to say unless they have had both natural labor and an induction.

Thanks for sharing ur experience! x

Thanks for putting up a positive thread about it, you only ever hear the bad parts - no-one shares the good lol!

Glad you found your induction a postive experience,will put a lot peoples mind at ease.Like has been said labour is diff for every person,but it always makes it easier when there is less worry involved.x

Great to hear a positive experience as I'm overdue...all too often people only bother to share negative experiences which make people worry! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for this huns :hugs: I am going in to be induced on Monday and didnt know what to expect at all so its good to know you had an ok experience :)

I might be in there with you! Will you be in the JR if you're being induced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->