• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Being "pestered" by people

Gypsy_Punk

Mummy to 3 angels
Reaction score
This morning I was late to work cos of the snow, I informed those in my dept and was in a taxi. My friend at work was texting and calling me to make sure I was okay at like 9.10 (I start at 9) cos I hadn't replied to the office email she had sent me and she wanted to know where I was which is really nice of her to be concerned, but I am fine!

Yesterday I was out at works do and a friend had emailed my personal email, we had been chatting all morning and he knew where I was going and at what time...I can access my personal email on my phone but as I was on a works do, I wasn't sat on my phone all day/night as that is rude so I didn't reply...when I checked my phone I had like 8 texts, 3 emails, 4 missed calls and messages on FB from people making sure I was okay cos they hadn't heard from me for like an hour or something.

Concern is nice but it's a bit OTT.

The other day my friend phoned my OH cos she couldn't get hold of me...she had text and then tried to call in like a 15 min time scale and I hadn't answered. I was in the bath!

I feel like I need my phone strapped to me 24/7 or a PA to answer it on my behalf. Now I am back at work, with the commute, work load, getting up at 6.30 and getting home at 6.30 and then doing household chores, washing my hair, taking a bath, going to the supermarket, seeing to the pets etc and getting an early night I don't have the time to answer my phone/every email/every FB message and just cos I don't reply straight away doesn't mean I am dead!

And if worst came to the worst and I WAS in hospital, I would have text those who needed to know anyway!

I went to bed last night about 11.45 and woke up this morning to 2 emails, 3 texts and 3 missed calls (I had my phone on silent)

Sorry for the rant, I am just hormonal and today it has wound me up!

xxx

Lol, having one baby makes you public property let alone three! Hehe.

I can imagine how it drives you insane, I'd nip it in the bud ow, say it's driving you crazy you appreciate it, but if you are in hospital you will let them know!

Best of Luck but my advice nip it in the bud and honesty the best policy! It'llonly get worse otherwise.

I'm one of the guilty party, I think I called you last night. But that was when I'd seen you post something up on facebook 10-15 minutes before and wanted to see if you'd had a nice night and if there was any gossip.
I get bored and just end up trying to call people who I think might be awake and as I knew you were home and at the time...possibly awake, I tried.

I apologise for being one of those that made ya mad, am I forgiven?? *bats eyelashes and smiles sweetly* lol

I dont blame you for being peed off hon, its hard enough being pregnant without being bugged constantly because of it! I always have my phone on silent late evenings (I wouldnt ever ring anyone after 9.30pm so why others think its acceptable I will never know!!) and overnight now as its taken a few of the people I know a while to get the hint that when I am asleep, that sleepy time is very precious to me xx

Lol I know how you feel its nice that people care but you do need me time. I've tried turning off my phone a few times and I've just had frantic messages left for when I turn it back on again!

Like one of the other girls have said try talking to them, though to be honest some people just won't listen. Either that or go on holiday lol xxx

:hugs: Bless them, but thats way over the top! Not sure what to suggest for the best! x

It's just frustrating cos it's nice to know they care. Think it was just everyone was late this morning, my dept knew where I was and not responding to an email 15 mins after it was sent set the girl in the office to panic about me. Like I say it's nice people care but it's a bit extreme.

How do people expect me to reply/have constant contact once the babies are here I never know!!

I'm one of the guilty party, I think I called you last night. But that was when I'd seen you post something up on facebook 10-15 minutes before and wanted to see if you'd had a nice night and if there was any gossip.
I get bored and just end up trying to call people who I think might be awake and as I knew you were home and at the time...possibly awake, I tried.

I apologise for being one of those that made ya mad, am I forgiven?? *bats eyelashes and smiles sweetly* lol

No offence or anything hun, but I cant STAND when people call me when they are bored it makes me feel like I have to be an entertaining monkey:winkwink: xx

it is sweet they care so much but just let them know that if anything bad was to happen you would be in touch! I can imagine how it would drive you to distraction!!

By the way GP - did not have chance to respond to any of your other threads but it is great to have you back. Missed ya! :flower:

Thanks hun!

Eternal Rose, I NEVER call people cos I know from my experience when I was at home and on the sick, I would sleep when I could, I'd text my OH and my mum/dad so they knew I was ok and then I would spend the day asleep. I never know what people are doing/where they are so prefer a text so they can reply when they can

x

Yeah I know what you mean, usually if I call someone and they dont answer. I wont blow up the mobile by calling x 8 because the person is obviously not available or they will call back when they are really. I know that by hounding someone down is not going to make them answer you any quicker. But, I use that rule for everyone not just my pregnant friends its courtesy and polite to give someone space. x

Good grief. I have used the I'm not ill just pregnant line - but I suppose everything comes in triplicate for you! My mother is really the only one who has a nervous breakdown if I don't answer my phone straight away. Hang in there!!!

Bloody hell that is a bit excessive!
You need to set your FB status to 'would like a bit of peace and quiet. Thanks all' Hopefully it will do the trick.
Change your voice mail to 'hi i am asleep or trying to chill out so leave a message and don't call again, i WILL get back to you'! hehe :D

No offence or anything hun, but I cant STAND when people call me when they are bored it makes me feel like I have to be an entertaining monkey:winkwink: xx

No offence taken, I know what you mean, but I don't mean "bored" in the literal sense. I just mean that I am wanting a conversation with someone who knows what I'm going through and that I'm "bored" with sitting on my own with how I feel and what I'm doing and stuff. My OH and his mum are my only source of company and it can get samey and you just wanna talk to someone else and have a good chit chat.
It's nice to catch up and find out how people are getting on but no worries, I hate to cause offence to anyone or make them feel like I'm stalking them.

I don't really understand at the moment how life is for Gypsy because I don't work, so I don't have the hectic lifestyle she has now, so I'll back off. I hate people bothering me so I'll give the same courtesy.

On the flip side, no one ever calls me to make sure I'm alright so we're on opposite ends of the scale lol. She has too many people showing concern, I have no one! Needs to meet in the middle ha!

I'm sorry Gypsy xxx :(

Good grief. I have used the I'm not ill just pregnant line - but I suppose everything comes in triplicate for you! My mother is really the only one who has a nervous breakdown if I don't answer my phone straight away. Hang in there!!!

Thing is, my rents are happy so long as I text at some point they know I am okay...in fact my mum said she knows that if she DOESN'T hear from me, I am fine, if I DO contact her it's cos something is wrong and she is happy with that.

No offence taken, I know what you mean, but I don't mean "bored" in the literal sense. I just mean that I am wanting a conversation with someone who knows what I'm going through and that I'm "bored" with sitting on my own with how I feel and what I'm doing and stuff. My OH and his mum are my only source of company and it can get samey and you just wanna talk to someone else and have a good chit chat.
It's nice to catch up and find out how people are getting on but no worries, I hate to cause offence to anyone or make them feel like I'm stalking them.

I don't really understand at the moment how life is for Gypsy because I don't work, so I don't have the hectic lifestyle she has now, so I'll back off. I hate people bothering me so I'll give the same courtesy.

On the flip side, no one ever calls me to make sure I'm alright so we're on opposite ends of the scale lol. She has too many people showing concern, I have no one! Needs to meet in the middle ha!

I'm sorry Gypsy xxx :(

Like I said, twas the girl at work this morning who tipped me over the edge, probably cos I was tired, cranky and late cos of the snow and had to get a taxi in to work.

I remember the days where people only had house phone as contact and if people were out shopping or whatever, people just accepted they weren't in.

The more contact options people have, the less people can relax these days!

lol

Awwww (((hugs)))

Im a texter not caller so if i text someone and they dont reply, i just take it they are busy!

I hate those that call like 10 times in a row!!!!

Awwww (((hugs)))

Im a texter not caller so if i text someone and they dont reply, i just take it they are busy!

I hate those that call like 10 times in a row!!!!

Being a texter not a caller is the way forward! lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"