Being referred to Hammersmith IVF - some questions

Kirei

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm hoping someone on here might know a bit more about this than me. I've been TTC about 30 months now, tried clomid, etc. DH low count and motility and me with a blocked tube, they have referred us to Hammersmith for IVF.
The nurse I spoke to said something like I'd need to go there about 10-15 times per month for injections or bloods or something - is that right? It's quite a long way for me so I'd have to miss a lot of time off work and take unpaid leave I guess. I thought you could do injections at home?
Can anyone clarify this a bit better for me, ie how many times do you have to go in? I'm trying to work out what to tell my employer and hoping they'll be understanding.
Thanks for your help and BD to all!!

Hi
The goin i to hosp 10-15 a month sounds crazy to me. Are you sure you heard her correctly?!
Everyone ive ever spoken to does their own injections at home.
My clinc specifically pointed out that there is no option to have injection at the hosp.
Bloods only got taken once but the appointment was up to us to arrange.
I would maybe clarify it with your clinc as each clinic is different x

Thanks Daisy, I'll ask them when we get our first appointment, it had me really worried, as it will cost about £30 a time to get to London too so if I had to go 15 times a month that's quite a lot! I hope I can do the injections at home, that sounds less stressful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->