being told baby WILL be early??

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
This evening I had yet another trip to hospital because of reduced movements and pains.
was hooked up to a ctg to check baby. baby is fine the ctg showed I had 9 contractions while on there, I felt 3.
Anyway the midwife doctor that saw me said baby WILL be early and she gives me a couple of weeks.
Anyone been told baby will be early and still made it to their due date?

I left you a post on your other thread.. Twice i have been told i might go early but made it all the way but ofcourse each case and person is different..i have been having contractions and short cervix already so they have me on two types of meds to stop the process i think its worth asking if they could give you anything to help prolong ur babys stay in belly

Every midwife, doctor and consultant I've seen has said I may go early. Probably because my DD was born at 36.3.

I started contracting at 31.5, I was admitted and given steroids. A couple of days later I was allowed home as the tightenings stopped. Since then I've been in and out of hospital with reduced movements, tightenings and high bp. I've had several additional scans but tomorrow I'm 37 weeks and im still here!

I'm now monitored daily and tomorrow I also get another scan and see my consultant who is going to book my induction for next week, but that's just down to the bp and protein issue rather than movement.

thank you ladies that gives me a bit of hope. I think the fact she used the word 'will be' kinda worried me a little, they did check my cervix and it's still closed but didn't check if it was long or soft or anything.

I wouldn't be too worried because if they were really concerned that bubs would be early they would be putting a plan in action steroids ect , maybe they just meant early as in 37,38, 39 weeks :)

Hope ur ok Steph. U haven't had a easy time this time have u chick .. Can't believe ur 33 weeks already. It's flew by.
X

Hope ur ok Steph. U haven't had a easy time this time have u chick .. Can't believe ur 33 weeks already. It's flew by.
X

yea i'm ok, defiantly not been easy, so glad this is the last one lol x

Well was having what felt like contractions this morning every 3 to 4 minutes luckily wore off after about 40 minutes. Hopefully I won't get anymore till at least term

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"