being treated for PCOS. .. nervous

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by bulldogmom09, May 29, 2013.

1. bulldogmom09

bulldogmom09 Well-Known Member

Just got all my test results back yesterday... Insulin elevated, vitamin d low, testosterone normal, all hormones normal. My US showed several follicles but they weren't quite large enough to be considered cysts. But they led my Dr to believe that i am not ovulating. So she started me on metformin 500 mg daily for a week, then if i can tolerate, increase to 1000 mg then to 1500 mg.

I guess i am worried about not having actual cysts on my ovaries as silly as that sounds. and if it is just my insulin level that is causing me not to ovulate. What if the metformin doesn't help?I just don't know if this is going to be my answers. I am feeling a little overwhelmed and i would love some encouragement. Thanks ladies...

2. bulldogmom09

bulldogmom09 Well-Known Member

And let me apologize for always being so overwhelmed when i post threads. This has just been such a tedious process that i wasn't really expecting... And my husband just lost his job, which makes everything more complicated...

3. MildPCOS

MildPCOS We are TEAM BLUE!

I don't think you have anything to worry about. My u/s showed several small undeveloped follicules on my ovaries when I went in. I was not having an AF and I was put on Metformin.. I quickly worked my way up to 1500mg without any side effects and after about 4 months AF came back. I did not get PG on Metformin, but I did on a Clomid/Metformin combo.

4. Isobel345

Isobel345 Pregnant

Look into inositol- it's a B vitamin that works wonders for ovulating! It's used to treat PCOS and doesn't come with the same tummy troubles as Metformin.

5. Zooy

Zooy Pregnant with a toddler

I got pregnant with my son 2 weeks after starting metformin. It was crazy how fast it happened.