believe it or not?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by mylittlebubs, Dec 23, 2009.

1. mylittlebubs

mylittlebubs Well-Known Member

mil tells me oh was potty trained at 1 year old
    I don't believe it...she always says what she can do better and earlier than I can..

2. isil

isil Well-Known Member

I think it's v.rare. Alasdair certainly won't be.

3. mylittlebubs

she always thinks that the fastest is the best and that you are doing a proper job iykwim...

4. sabby52

sabby52 Mother, Nanny

Babies can be potty trained at a year but most people who do it this way start with a process called Elimination communication, I have read on another forum (where lots of people use it) that it is a good way to start but can take some time, babies who are trained this way can be trained as soon as 7 months !!!! Not for me but.

Elimination communication (EC) is a toilet training practice in which a caregiver uses timing, signals, cues, and intuition to address an infant's need to eliminate waste. Typically the goal is to partially or completely avoid the use of diapers. EC emphasizes communication between the caregiver and child, helping them both become more attuned to the child's innate rhythms and control of urination and defecation. The term "elimination communication" was inspired by traditional practices of diaper-less baby care in less industrialized countries and hunter-gatherer cultures.[1] Some practitioners of EC begin soon after birth, although it can be started with babies of any age.

5. xKimx

xKimx Mummy :)

Not for me :) My health visitor told me to start around 2 years:D plus i think he just would not understand lol

6. KarenLV

KarenLV Well-Known Member

My MIL also said she had my husband potty trained at 1! She also thinks she does everything better than anyone and is also known for great exaggerations. I think we should put the two of them on a plane together and send them over the bermuda triangle to disappear! :haha::happydance:

7. mylittlebubs

:thumbup::rofl:
    mine exaggerates everything and made them lies

8. sophxx

sophxx Well-Known Member

i was out of nappies at one i just wouldnt wear them! yet my bro was older thinmk he was 2 and half going on three! it can happen but dont think its that common! x

9. mylittlebubs

I know it's possible...but I just don't believe my mil :haha:

10. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

my aunt in law says she had hers trained at 10 months. I've heard of EC but I've also heard all the other stuff that woman says and man she talks some crap she also said her baby was taller at birth than mine was a 6 months and he was on the top of the charts for height :rofl: and have you even noticed how babies always seemed to sleep through from birth in ye olden days?

11. mylittlebubs

mine said the same thing about oh's height at birth compare to Lincoln...and many other things
    lots of things about oh i found out a lot that she lied cos oh told me but obviously he can't remember when he was one,lol

12. PitBullMommy

PitBullMommy Princess, FF & Angel Mom

I was potty trained by 18mos, but that's not really extraordinary. Charlotte is 18mos and is working on potty training, but right now she's in a lull where she just isn't interested...and this comes after 2 months of using the potty almost exclusively. Dunno why she's not interested again, but...whatever. When she wants to go another round with the froggy potty we'll go, LOL

13. hopeandpray

hopeandpray Well-Known Member

doctor told me that u shouldnt train them that early, the reason is that the part of the brain that controls the bladder muscle isn't developed yet. so no matter how smart your baby is and how hard they try it won't work.. i guess some develop earlier but i'd feel bad making them try if they physically couldn't control it

14. loz

loz Well-Known Member

my sil thinks her babies where talking at 5 months lol

15. mylittlebubs

5 months ? :wacko: :rofl:
    mine also said oh was all teeth before 1 year old and he was running already when he turned 1 :dohh: