Belly Ache?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by JayleighAnn, Oct 18, 2008.

1. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

One of my symptoms before my bfp was dull period pains, and I've still got them, it's been about a week.

My mum said it's normal, but MIL said it's my body telling me to slow down.

It doesnt hurt really, just uncomfortable.

Any one else got this? Is this normal?

2. emzlouize

emzlouize mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason

i had these b4 my BFP and had them constantly for weeks after i still get the odd day now where i will get them its fine its jst ur uterus stratching ad making room for ur LO. Although u shud be slowing down anyways xx

3. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

Oh wicked! At least all is ok, I am slowing down a bit, but I feel fine, just tired in the afternoons, and I do slow down, but with a house to run, college to go to etc, I don't have time to slow down too much lol

4. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

I am still getting these I remeber from when I had ethan I was like this so not worried

5. Suze

Suze Mummy to Ava & Oscar

Hi JayleighAnn,

I keep getting dull period pains every now and then and it does panic you a bit doesn't it with being so early (we're the same stage!).
    I also feel bloated which I think must be down to the fact that ordinarily I would have had :witch:

:hug:

6. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

Well I popped into boots and spoke to the pharmacist just to make sure (not that I don't believe you lovely ladies) and asked if I could take painkillers for it as it gets a little sharp sometimes, and she looked at me in a panic, I was like "nooo I'm not bleeding, I'm fine!" and she agreed it's just stretching, and said I could take two paracetamol (altohugh MIL and bestfriend said its a no-no) So I'm sticking to a hot water bottle on my belly

7. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

I was really bad with it in wk 4 and 5 really calmed down now tho, although do get the odd twinge. The doctor told me pain killers are no go!

8. Aidan's Mummy

Aidan's Mummy Mummy to Aidan and Oliver

yerp they are normal hunni. i had them and i was convinced i was having a MC but i wasnt and my MW said it was just stretching pains and the body making room for babba. She also said try not to worry unless it is accompanied with bleeding. So chin up hun im sure everything is fine :hugs:
    xx

9. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Paracetamol is safe to take :D
    I get these quite often. i feel them more when im working.

10. diva4180

diva4180 Well-Known Member

I got some super super mild cramping at first too, but they are starting to go away now.

11. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

I had these weeks before i even got my BFP, and had them up untill about 6 weeks that i would say was on a daily basis. I still get them now just not as much, they are completely normal hun, you can't expect your body to be changing that much inside and not feel it really :)

And paracetemol are absolutely fine to take in pregnancy!

12. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

:( They woke me up at 6.26am on a sunday morning. Not happy!!

13. destiny27

destiny27 Well-Known Member

I've had cramps for ages, thought theyd eased off then they came back and i had everything else, the dreaded upset stomach :( was so ill :hissy::hugs:

14. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

I get them mostly when I'm sitting down and everythings like crushed together. I think it's a combination of stretching and also constipation/trapped wind. I have IBS and before it was diagnosed, was convinced it was a gynae problem because I honestly can't tell the difference, even now. It's a lot worse when I've just eaten or if I wear tight clothing. Belts are a no-go at the minute!

15. LaurenBrowne

LaurenBrowne New Member

Hi!
    Thank god for these messages, been a little worried. This is my 1st pregnancy, I'm currently 10 weeks and had this dull ache (like easy period pain) for a few weeks on and off... today it's been more intense but not majorly, a bit sharp. I thought it would be growing pains as in the bottom left of the belly. I have my scan in two weeks time and can't wait as my bump has grown so big for how far along I am, I'm wondering whether I have twins, as all symptoms, headaches, sickness, nausea have been so strong and had them all since the week before Christmas, fingers crossed they go soon though. Thank you all for your messages, really helps xxx